Sign in to follow this  

2013 KX250F scratched black fork tube !

Hey everyone ! I blew a seal the other day on my 2013 kx250f and some dirt or something got in there and scratched the black fork tube at the bottom. The scratch is silver and goes from top to bottom . Any suggestions on how to fix this ? I heard sanding but then how do you make it black again ? Please help!

Hey everyone ! I blew a seal the other day on my 2013 kx250f and some dirt or something got in there and scratched the black fork tube at the bottom. The scratch is silver and goes from top to bottom . Any suggestions on how to fix this ? I heard sanding but then how do you make it black again ? Please help!

I wouldn't sand it. The color is a special coating if I remember correctly. Not sure how bad it is but you may be best off leaving it. As long as it's shallow enough that it doesn't cause more issues later.

I like the sharpie idea, but maybe there is a durable paint that could double as a filler?

I wouldnt rely on ink or paint to fill that score in. Think of it this way--- What would happen if you tried to put a durable paint in a score on the cylinder wall? 

This is the same affect. If the tube is scored bad enough that oil will leak out of it you need a new one or have it re DLC'd. YOu may be able to have it "panned" out in a sense to allow it to seal but i'd leave that to a profession in my honest opinion.

Black nail polish, it lasts about two- three weekends.

Edited by Gill_kx250f