Sign in to follow this  

Holy grail of weight savings found

Hey guys, been whittling weight off my 4t, full Monty Ti kit, hubs, wheels, triples, etc etc.

Just wanted to share the best deal out there for cost, the Think seat. Insane this thing weighs less than my bar pad (pro taper). A bit firmer than stock, won't hold water either. For around 250 bucks, nothing comes close to saving weight for less money than I have found. Dude that runs the company is about the coolest guy ever too, loves what he does and a great up and coming business that has landed several factory teams. He is coming out with some really nice new products too, give Think a look, they do not pay me and I don't know them personally, just passing on a great way to save weight, all up high on the bike too. Pad and seat come in at 160 grams!

image_zpsce61cbfd.jpg

image_zps2dfb7a12.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting stuff, will have a check of their product range.

I just happened to be checking out the extents, and costs associated with weight saving for MX bikes.

This article was just in another tab: http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/6881b181-8519-419d-ae75-05e7b4613597.aspx

Every bolt with the exception of the head bolts, cam chain tensioner, and brake Clevis on my bike is Ti, every washer aluminum. I have the raptor pegs, 1 lb lighter Xtrigs, etc. the Think seat blows them out of the water for cost vs weight savings, easily. Edited by LSeca
  • Like 1

Forgive me for my newb question, but I haven't ridden any 2t above an 80cc. Do you really feel the difference in weight between say your average 4t 250/450 vs a 250 2T?     I would guess the answer is yes but primarily at low speed stuff, advantageous in the single track trails.

I was all about weight when buying my bike, it came 2nd hand with a KickIt kickstand (which fell apart while breaking in and the manufacturer wants to rebuild it for $50). The latter was fetching I guess as for weight purposes I was going to take it off. Now, after riding for awhile...I kinda don't feel any weight differences until its time to load up into the truck.

LOL...sorry btw if I am derail your thread.  Just thinking out loud for effective weight solutions or to find a different point to focus on.

LOL...sorry btw if I am derail your thread.  Just thinking out loud for effective weight solutions or to find a different point to focus on.

The MXA article you posted answers your question better than I could. Suspension is better, handling, acceleration, braking, etc. you may not notice a small weight loss, but everyone is different.

Main goal here is for others to know this product, I am closing in on a 20 lb weight loss, just wanted to let others know this was the best deal out there.

This is funny, Try going to the gym and loose weight cheaper than making the bike lighter! Or build some muscle so it's not heavy for you haha

• Like 3

This is funny, Try going to the gym and loose weight cheaper than making the bike lighter! Or build some muscle so it's not heavy for you haha

I am in exceptional shape, bench over 300, cardio 3 times a week. Christ, try helping others out and you get reponses like this.

Let me confuse you with facts. Regardless of your personal weight, it is not static on the bike. You constantly weight and unweight the pegs, move your body back and forth, etc. Muscle is a good thing, but watch a professional woman race mx, they have little muscle in comparison to men (generally), yet they are smooth and use body position. Guess what? It makes it easier and less fatiguing when the bike is lighter for anyone. Have a nice day.

• Like 15

Waste of money in my eyes, Buy a 2 stroke if you want a lighter bike

I have one, one of these will be going on it too. Thank you.

What does the stock seat weigh?

I know we switch the stock batteries out of KTMs with lighter ones and the weight savings are huge and handling is improved.

Edited by originalmonk
  • Like 1

monk, I'll weigh it up on my next day off. I am going to be modifying the pan as well. I'll throw up the stock foam. Think said I could save over 1.5 lbs, hoping they were conservative. Barcias CRF saved 1.95 lbs, we will find out with an RMZ.

Wife thinks I am crazy working on my bike this late, but was curious too. Just calculating grams in my head, about two lbs saved with the pad included. Not bad, I am very happy.

image_zps28e9a303.jpg

• Like 1

I am in exceptional shape, bench over 300, cardio 3 times a week. Christ, try helping others out and you get reponses like this.

Let me confuse you with facts. Regardless of your personal weight, it is not static on the bike. You constantly weight and unweight the pegs, move your body back and forth, etc. Muscle is a good thing, but watch a professional woman race mx, they have little muscle in comparison to men (generally), yet they are smooth and use body position. Guess what? It makes it easier and less fatiguing when the bike is lighter for anyone. Have a nice day.

I have noticed even with the men that none of them are really jacked looking.  Obviously they are in top notch physical shape but it doesn't really show.  I think they must focus mostly on core strength and cardio as opposed to building the common muscle groups that everybody else does.  Benching over 300!  I would lucky to be able to do a full set with just the 45 lb bar.

• Like 1

Wife thinks I am crazy working on my bike this late, but was curious too. Just calculating grams in my head, about two lbs saved with the pad included. Not bad, I am very happy.

image_zps28e9a303.jpg

Its a little over a pound savings....

I live in where we use the metric system.....

• Like 1

I have noticed even with the men that none of them are really jacked looking.  Obviously they are in top notch physical shape but it doesn't really show.  I think they must focus mostly on core strength and cardio as opposed to building the common muscle groups that everybody else does.  Benching over 300!  I would lucky to be able to do a full set with just the 45 lb bar.

Totally agree, KRoc is about the most jacked one.

Its a little over a pound savings....

I live in where we use the metric system.....

I like to be precise, 1.577 lbs with the bar pads too. Vey happy as a ti spring, or even my Ti axles wouldn't net that much. It's a good deal if anyone wants to look at everything like I am.

Do any of these weights include the pan?  I would think about half the weight of the stock seat is in the pan with the other half being the foam.

Do any of these weights include the pan?  I would think about half the weight of the stock seat is in the pan with the other half being the foam.

No, it's foam only, I took the pan off and plan to lighten it with a drill a bit.