2013 crf450r exhaust

i just bought a 2013 crf450r i just wanted to know does it affect the bikes performance if i change it to a sigle exhaust cuz i was not sure if there was a reason it had dual exhaust besides to b quieter.

i just bought a 2013 crf450r i just wanted to know does it affect the bikes performance if i change it to a sigle exhaust cuz i was not sure if there was a reason it had dual exhaust besides to b quieter.

If anything youll have better flow from the single. If you look at the Y pipe on the back you can see it will slow down flow. Ill be going single on mine as soon as the money is there

I put a single fmf on my 13 and it is so much better. More power, less parts to break, and it sounds much nicer than the snappy stock pipes.

Old thread but just added the fmf single 4.1 titanium to mine.. saved 4 pounds over stock and WOW what a difference in flow, power and sound. Very pleased.

:ride:

photo 4 (1).JPG

photo 3.JPG

I spent $260 on a 13.5:1 piston and a ECU re-tune....It's plenty fast now. I love the stock exhaust because it is so quiet.

What brand piston did you get?

Old thread but just added the fmf single 4.1 titanium to mine.. saved 4 pounds over stock and WOW what a difference in flow, power and sound. Very pleased.

:ride:

that came with the new sideplate didn't it?  and is that it in the pic....looks good btw! 

that came with the new sideplate didn't it?  and is that it in the pic....looks good btw! 

Yeah, the side plate came with it and that is it in the picture. It is a good thing too because the bike does look funny with the stock side plate sticking out and no dual exhaust. Makes it look like your missing something. Overall, I have made several changes to the bike.

49 tooth rear sprocket

G2 Quick Turn throttle Tube

ECU remap - Tokyo Mods

FMF Single 4.1 Titanium Exhaust Slip on

Oversized Front Rotor - Tusk from RMATV

I can not express the difference these few simple changes have made to the bike. It opens up quicker and pulls so much harder. The front rotor stops it much faster and in a more controlled manor. At this point I am very happy with the bike and wouldn't make any additional changes except for a suspension re-valve from pro circuit if I had the cash. Maybe in time. :ride:

If your bike has low hrs. replacing the stock head gasket with a.018 cometic is a nice little bump in compression for the price of a head gasket,and still use pump gas. Price $40-45.The fmf single is good, worth a couple hps.

Edited by galligar

If your bike has low hrs. replacing the stock head gasket with a 18mm cometic is a nice little bump in compression for the price of a head gasket,and still use pump gas. Price $40-45.The fmf single is good, worth a couple hps.

Does doing this change the timing events on the camshaft? With the gear pressed on the cam and non adjustable it seems that going thinner on head or base gasket would make the chain longer and retard the cam timing events. I might be wrong though

It doesn't "make the chain longer" but it will retard the timing, yes.

If your bike has low hrs. replacing the stock head gasket with a 18mm cometic is a nice little bump in compression for the price of a head gasket,and still use pump gas. Price $40-45.The fmf single is good, worth a couple hps.

18mm huh??

sounds reasonable :facepalm:

It doesn't "make the chain longer" but it will retard the timing, yes.

i machined 0.004" off my cylinder.

i calculated the change in timing to be 0.3*

wasn't even worth pressing off my sprocket, and putting the adjustable one on and timing it :/

18mm huh??

sounds reasonable :facepalm:

i machined 0.004" off my cylinder.

i calculated the change in timing to be 0.3*

wasn't even worth pressing off my sprocket, and putting the adjustable one on and timing it :/

Yep, 4 thousands of an inch removed won't really effect cam timing, compression ratio, nuthin'... It just cleans up the gasket mating surface, if required. Edited by Eddie8v

the cometic is 18 thousandths & stock is 27, stock base is 10, cometic 5 not mm. It doesn't change cam timing in a real world sense math wise only. I cut 15 off my other 13 crf's cyclinder and it ran super top to bottom with same cam.I did the gasket because the bike had low hrs and its easy, cheap, and works.The gaskets & remap cam really wake the bike up for under $400. The single fmf is good ,but way more than $400, and not as much power.I've  had almost every mod possible on my 2 13crs .The cheapest power increase is the bump in compression ,cam, remap. My 1st 13 made 7.5 more hp with the above mods and a yosh twin.

Edited by galligar

fmf single, way togo

Tired when I put info in for the gasket,thank god the 23 yr old blew me up over it,the fmf single is really good that what I have as well

Tired when I put info in for the gasket,thank god the 23 yr old blew me up over it,the fmf single is really good that what I have as well

LOL,

=P

what were you shooting for when you reduced the quench clearance 0.014" with gaskets or when you machined 0.015" off?

Im just curious because when i took 0.004" off my 2009 it resulted in 0.045" quench with a stock gasket, and Mr. Hamp advised me not to go below 0.045"

It increases the compression about a point, like you already know,team Honda guy gave us the gasket tip, crower cut my other bikes cylinder.Many people I know have done the head gasket.A 40 ex rider of crowers runs a 14-1 piston & has cut the cylinder as well, had 120 hrs on his 1st setup no trouble,always pulls holeshots in his races. Runs vp street blaze. His is 12, mine and about 6 others are 13s. call team Honda and fill them in on the danger,and crower too. Thanks again for all you do. Do you run black plastic?

Edited by galligar

I believe it takes about 0.022" to raise our 96mm-bore 450cc from 12.5 to 13.5, if memory serves me correctly.

What brand piston did you get?

JE