Sign in to follow this  

WTB 87-89 CR500 Right side case or bottom end

I cracked my right side engine cover on my 87 cr500 tonight. In need of a new one asap. I'd even buy an entire bottom end. Send me an email at searcher415@aol.com or call 2695015503. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Buy a 91 or newer side case. When my water pump housing went, I went with the newer style. Same bolt pattern. Holds more oil. You can put a rekluse in it also. You couldn't with the older case as the clutch won't clear the smaller case. I think the only thing that was different was where the water pump connections are. I'll take a pic later. I think the one hose has to be extended or has a 90 in it. Dealer cost was under 100. Your 87 clutch cover will fit also.

Buy a 91 or newer side case. When my water pump housing went, I went with the newer style. Same bolt pattern. Holds more oil. You can put a rekluse in it also. You couldn't with the older case as the clutch won't clear the smaller case. I think the only thing that was different was where the water pump connections are. I'll take a pic later. I think the one hose has to be extended or has a 90 in it. Dealer cost was under 100. Your 87 clutch cover will fit also.

All correct. But just in the interest of being help full. The years are 90-01.

Yeah fudged the numbers or mashed em. Thanks. I don't even know if you can get a new one in a pre 90. Any idea??