TUbliss--pros and cons

For offroad riding, flats are a major concern.  Bibs are too expensive and they wear out, but TUbliss (too bliss??) don't wear out.. which is an attractive thing to me when I'm forking out hundreds of dollars. 

Who has long time experience with TUbliss systems?  Good or bad? 

I've had great results with mine.

If you get them, watch both videos a couple of times, use LOTS of lube and take your time installing.

They are not difficult, but ca be messed up if you don't install them correctly (don't ask how I know).

Changing tyres is super easy, just be careful to NOT grab the Tubliss inner tube setup with your tyre irons. Not hard, just pay attention. Lots of lube- warm the tyres if possible and certainly make sure the tyre is I too the 'well' of the rim opposite your irons (start at rim lock to remove, end at rim lock to install)

I run trials tyres at about 4.5 rear 6 psi front. I've never bad any issue with the Tubliss at all. I've had a tyre failure and just kept ridin it- the tyre would not come off.

BUT! Make sure to check- top up your inner tubes before rides. I don't notice loosing much, but if they DO loose pressure all bets are off. The only time I've had the Tubliss loose pressure is over extended time.

I use a bit of slime, I don't know if that does much, but I think it can help a little with sealing.

I use regular tyre lube (I bout a gallon years ago at the auto parts store) and I think it works better than other options. (I may be full of it also).

Being able to run whatever pressure you want, plus tyres not coming off in case of a puncture is great.

Mark

I've had great results with mine.

If you get them, watch both videos a couple of times, use LOTS of lube and take your time installing.

They are not difficult, but ca be messed up if you don't install them correctly (don't ask how I know).

Changing tyres is super easy, just be careful to NOT grab the Tubliss inner tube setup with your tyre irons. Not hard, just pay attention. Lots of lube- warm the tyres if possible and certainly make sure the tyre is I too the 'well' of the rim opposite your irons (start at rim lock to remove, end at rim lock to install)

I run trials tyres at about 4.5 rear 6 psi front. I've never bad any issue with the Tubliss at all. I've had a tyre failure and just kept ridin it- the tyre would not come off.

BUT! Make sure to check- top up your inner tubes before rides. I don't notice loosing much, but if they DO loose pressure all bets are off. The only time I've had the Tubliss loose pressure is over extended time.

I use a bit of slime, I don't know if that does much, but I think it can help a little with sealing.

I use regular tyre lube (I bout a gallon years ago at the auto parts store) and I think it works better than other options. (I may be full of it also).

Being able to run whatever pressure you want, plus tyres not coming off in case of a puncture is great.

Mark

Thanks Mark.  I've read about people not being able to seal the TUbliss system, but I've also know people who have pinched tubes numerous times installing them (not me though lol). 

They are about $100 per wheel right??  And how long to the inner bladders last??

I've had one for a couple of years, I expect the inner bladder will last years.

Customer support is outstanding.

Good product , correct installation = no issues

I have run them in my GasGas for two seasons of racing and I absolutely love them. I also run them in my KLX. Never had a single issue outside of not being able to get the front to seal with a Michelin S12 XC on my Gasser. Strangely enough the same tire seals perfectly on the front of my KLX without any sealant.

I run an IRC M1A on the front of the GasGas now and have no issues with sealing. Go figure.

I run IRC M5B rears on both my machines with 5-9psi depending on the terrain. The traction is simply amazing. Add to that easier tire changes and I can honestly say that I will never go back to tubes again.

I've run them for 3 years and still going on my KLX450. I occasionally have Trouble getting the front to seal, but Ernst since I started using Slime is a thing of the past. Just make sure you get the slime under the bladder and between the rim before inflating. The rear I have never had a sealing issue. I run between 8 to 9psi in the D952's and they track great. I have Riden a front flat for over 20 miles before I noticed. The rim and tire were fine also. It just gets funky in the rocks when flat. I highly recommend and customer service is great.

What's it feel like using them? I would imagine its squishy.

I've run them for 3 years and still going on my KLX450. I occasionally have Trouble getting the front to seal, but Ernst since I started using Slime is a thing of the past. Just make sure you get the slime under the bladder and between the rim before inflating. The rear I have never had a sealing issue. I run between 8 to 9psi in the D952's and they track great. I have Riden a front flat for over 20 miles before I noticed. The rim and tire were fine also. It just gets funky in the rocks when flat. I highly recommend and customer service is great.

Free Tip! Use grease. Not Slime :thumbsup: .

Some times SH tires can be hard to get sealed as well. Because of where the rim lock has previously been or just a worn bead on the tire. Tire with anew bead is no probs normally :ride: .

I rode on both of mine flat for a whole day, mostly rocky terrain. No probs. Had grip to spare and the bike handled fine, if not better than normal :thumbsup: . Just had to watch out for square edge hits but normally do that anyway.

i ve read of woods riders running 2 psi or crazy low pressure like that with tubliss... i d imagine with pressure that low i d destroy rims... already had to build a new rear excel because the old hoop was cracked...

on my mtb i run tubeless, mavic crossmax sx with maxxis minion dhf tires... i can t drop them below 37psi front and 40 psi rear otherwise i just smash expensive wheels... different of course from a dirt bike but i d imagine super low pressures with tubliss makes for great traction, but how about rim life ?? do they get smashed ??

cheers

At 4.5 rear 6 psi front I've never dented a rim.

For whatever th at is worth (maybe you guys at a lot faster than me)

These are all great comments, thanks as I too was interested in a set for my CRF.

I've heard of people running this system with a harder knobby rear at only 4 PSI and having great results as well in hard tech areas instead of using a trial tire.

i ve read of woods riders running 2 psi or crazy low pressure like that with tubliss... i d imagine with pressure that low i d destroy rims... already had to build a new rear excel because the old hoop was cracked...

on my mtb i run tubeless, mavic crossmax sx with maxxis minion dhf tires... i can t drop them below 37psi front and 40 psi rear otherwise i just smash expensive wheels... different of course from a dirt bike but i d imagine super low pressures with tubliss makes for great traction, but how about rim life ?? do they get smashed ??

cheers

I run the exact tires as you, Stan's tubeless. With 35 rear and 32 front I have no probs.

TUbliss I would love running under 10 lbs. my buddies' bib mousses make tires last almost twice as long, that would be great too about lower pressure in TUbliss

ive run my Tubliss at 7-8 psi rear for certain races and rides . I had No rim probs . Got very good traction. If I go Lower than 8 psi i notice it gets squirmy and it also gets harder to get the rear wheel to step out when i want, like for a mixed terrain race. I run 4 squirts of green slime and no slow leaks . I ran a lap here  no prob (8miles) after I changed a tire and forgot to put the valve stem in the front tire , front felt a little funny, thought maybe I binded my axle or something else was off but I coulda finished a race like that.

Its very hard for even a flat tire to slip on the wheel. The tubliss is like a rim lock all the way around the wheel. I have an ultra HD tube here and a spare 18" tubliss, with one in each hand, the tubliss feels about half as heavy.

Edited by avocasingletrack

As I said. I ran mine with ZERO pressure all day on a rocky surface. No dents and grip to spare. I look for the smoothest lines but always do that anyway

BTW. I use SM Pro Platinum rims. Stronger than A-60's and almost as light

Tu-Bliss kits, SM pro platinum rims, Talon Carbon hubs with Bull Dog SS spokes on a small bore bike is an UNBEATABLE combination. I'd say around half the normal spinning mass at least  :thumbsup:

Not a cheap combo but IMO well worth the coin :ride: .

Here's the best part of Tu-Bliss. A flat will actually make you faster :lol:

"Pro's and Con's".  What Con's ? IMO, there are None :thumbsup: .  

You need to edit the threads title   :cool:

Edited by AddictedToBling

ive run my Tubliss at 7-8 psi rear for certain races and rides . I had No rim probs . Got very good traction. If I go Lower than 7 psi and i notice it gets squirmy and it also gets harder to get the rear wheel to step out when i want, like for a mixed terrain race. I run 4 squirts of green slime and no slow leaks . I ran a lap here no prob (8miles) after I changed a tire and forgot to put the valve stem in the front tire , front felt a little funny, thought maybe I binded my axle or something else was off but I coulda finished a race like that.

Its very hard for even a flat tire to slip on the wheel. The tubliss is like a rim lock all the way around the wheel. I have an ultra HD tube here and a spare 18" tubliss, with one in each hand, the tubliss feels about half as heavy.

Dun, I'm sold. Next tire change I'm installing TUbliss.

Dun, I'm sold. Next tire change I'm installing TUbliss.

Just watch his video first, follow all of it exactly, they are a little tricky to change at first. Ya cant dig too deep with the irons or else you grab under the red bladder and cut the liner. Watch his video , put the tape on exactly how he says, spray with lots of soapy water. Put about 4 squirts of fibered atv green slime.      

http://youtu.be/gmrEFqFk1yo

Just watch his video first, follow all of it exactly, they are a little tricky to change at first. Ya cant dig too deep with the irons or else you grab under the red bladder and cut the liner. Watch his video , put the tape on exactly how he says, spray with lots of soapy water. Put about 4 squirts of fibered atv green slime.

becareful using TOO MUCH SOAP/WATER. That mixture will break down the sealing properties of the SLIME. Use SLIME on the beads as a lubricant. Edited by GreenHornet450

For offroad riding, flats are a major concern.  Bibs are too expensive and they wear out, but TUbliss (too bliss??) don't wear out.. which is an attractive thing to me when I'm forking out hundreds of dollars. 

Who has long time experience with TUbliss systems?  Good or bad?

Up top, click the "reviews" tab and search, "tubliss"