Sign in to follow this  

Price check 06 DRZ

Hey, thinking about buying my first dual sport . I went and looked at this bike and it looks real nice, drives great. Thought I would let the experts look at it before I make any offer. Has a full yosh exhaust, looks like it has been down a time or two nothing major. Please take a look and tell me what might be a good price. It has 17k miles.

Thank you !!!

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/4114084041.html

Edited by tonepaq

Hey, thinking about buying my first dual sport . I went and looked at this bike and it looks real nice, drives great. Thought I would let the experts look at it before I make any offer. Has a full yosh exhaust, looks like it has been down a time or two nothing major. Please take a look and tell me what might be a good price. It has 17k miles.

Thank you !!!

I paid that price for my 2003, with only 1K miles on it.

It didn't actually run  when I bought it though  .  .  .  .

J.

looks good to me. 17000 miles is nothing for a drz, if it still starts and doesn't rattle all to hell (or any more than normal ;-) ) sure, i'd buy it. 

for -my- location, the price is about $700 too high. that's a $1600-$2200 bike around here, depending on how it sounds and stuff. 

the good things i see are stock mirrors, stock brake / clutch levers, and it isn't beat to hell like mine is. 

;-)

I wouldn't be scared of the miles but that price is high, at least in my area it would be.  To me that's about an $1800 bike give or take.

Thank you !!!

I have same bike, paid same price, but over 3yrs. ago. Had 7,000 mi. The economy was tanked then and it's on the uptake now. I would be hesitant with that amount of miles if it was me.

Well just bare in mind the engine will be needing a rebuild sooner rather than later. Unless of course its had one ..

hmm, where's that guy that just turned over 100,000 miles on his drz when you need him ?

or the guy with 75000 ? 

or that guy with 45000 ? 

shucks. :(

Well just bare in mind the engine will be needing a rebuild sooner rather than later. Unless of course its had one ..

what makes you think this ? if the engine is running fine today, do 17,001 miles tomorrow mean it's no good anymore ? 

(i only have 29,000 on mine, with the original clutch)

It seems like the miles may or may not be high for this model. 17k didn't really bother me when I did my initial research on this model, I thought 30k isn't too uncommon before engine needs refreshed.

Price is too high though, seems like most agree on that.

what makes you think this ? if the engine is running fine today, do 17,001 miles tomorrow mean it's no good anymore ?

(i only have 29,000 on mine, with the original clutch)

mines got 21,000 for a 2005 mine had a rebuild at 19,000 well just a crank. The valves etc are still tip top! But i replaced my clutch plates at 14,000 , i think the part is the crank what has the most abuse. Saying that it took me around 9 hours to rebuild the engine pretty simple with right tools.

Price is a bit high; $2,000 to $2,200 would be appropriate for the miles and plethora of stickers that have been applied.  Otherwise, without seeing, hearing, touching, riding it myself it looks to be a clean bike and probably a good buy.

for reference...

I paid 2750 3 years ago for mine with 4700 miles on it.  full yosh, carb upgrade, 3x3, ect.

I would say in my area that bike is around 1600-2100 dollars.

I can't comment on price. I bought my 2003 in 2006 with 1600 miles on it for $2500, but that was a crazy good deal from a coworker. What I can comment on is mileage. If the price is right, I wouldn't fear 17k on the odometer. I'm about to roll 20k with nothing but common fixes and routine maintenance. Ask lots of questions about the maintenance that's been done. It looks like its in pretty good shape from the pictures.

That being said, if I could find a lower mileage bike for a fair price, I'd probably go that route instead (especially if you plan to put a fair amount of miles on it yourself). I do like the plastics and graphics on the '06 model though...