Airoh Aviator

Just thought I would post regarding a recent transaction from MotoStorm.  I ordered the Arioh Aviator 2.1 White in a Large size. I did a lot of research and this forum helped a great deal to determine shipment time, sizing and how MotoStorm was to order from.  The large helmet fits perfect - the fit is very similar to a large in Arai.  My wife wears a large in Shoei VFX and said she felt is was a little tight.  I have 100% Racecraft ... I had to remove the nose piece on the googles and then they fit perfect.  It was a great experience to order from MotoStorm .. I live in Ca and I ordered the helmet in the afternoon on monday and it arrived at my house on thursday ... awesome.  I paid a total of 427.33 for the helmet and shipping.  I got several emails from Motostorm - great communication ... helmet was shipped fedex.  

I would recommend ordering from this company to anyone ... awesome, fast shipping and great communication.  The helmet is as everyone says ... super light, high quality and a true top of the line helmet.

I had a similar excellent experience with Motostorm and Airoh.

On the fitment of the Airoh, I am borderline 60cm in measure across the forehead, Wondering which size to order also, large or xl.

Thanks

Al

On the fitment of the Airoh, I am borderline 60cm in measure across the forehead, Wondering which size to order also, large or xl.

Thanks

Al

I didn't do any of the measurements ... I just tried on a few helmets ... I went to a big shop and tried on the Arai (large) and it fits exactly like that.  I tried on my wifes  Shoei VFX (large) and it is not as snug as the arai.  Try on an Arai and if the large fits you perfect then the large Airoh will also fit you perfect.  My wife though, would want an XL Airoh ... she tried mine on and she said that it was a bit too tight. For her, the large Shoei fits her perfect.  It seems to me that the Airoh fits a round head similar to the Arai better. I hope this helps you out. 

+1 on motostorm and the Airoh Aviator. I have been really pleased with mine. As for being between sizes, try the Arai for size, and if need be, go with the larger size and get the over size cheek pads to fit it down just a touch.

Good to see a positive review, people don't always take the time to do that.   

A friend was looking into Airoh helmets last night but we werent sure wear to order from.   Is that website you speak of the Italian based one?

I didn't know much about Airoh till recently, and a person I just met happens to have one. It looked very small but when I tried it on  was surprised to find it fit well, it also felt like the lightest helmet I have held before!

A friend was looking into Airoh helmets last night but we werent sure wear to order from.   Is that website you speak of the Italian based one?

I didn't know much about Airoh till recently, and a person I just met happens to have one. It looked very small but when I tried it on  was surprised to find it fit well, it also felt like the lightest helmet I have held before!

Yes, Motostorm is in Italy.  They have great communication ... I got three different emails.  Shipping was fast (4 days) and had no problems what so ever.  I would do business with this company again and will tell anyone whom wants to know that they have great service.  I looked at a few different places to order from but settled on Motostorm based on reviews I found on the Internet and this forum.  Good luck and if you decide to order an Airoh helmet ... I am sure you will be happy with it. My wife and  I are  going to the desert tomorrow and ride all day .... can't wait.

Thanks

Al

I'm also on the 60cm borderline. I do have a longer head rather than a rounder one. The large Airoh fit me perfectly. 

I ordered mine from BTO just in case it didn't fit right I could send it back without having to pay shipping cost back to italy. 

This helmet looks pretty cool. Does it have multiple density EPS or single layer? I couldn't find anything on the website, but it does say "maximum safety" so I am interested in what's in there?

I read this several time to make sure I was understanding this correctly. Your wife's head is bigger than yours? Sorry but I can't help myself- Damn!

This helmet looks pretty cool. Does it have multiple density EPS or single layer? I couldn't find anything on the website, but it does say "maximum safety" so I am interested in what's in there?

Airoh uses deep channels in the EPS that form crush zones and provide excellent airflow.

Airoh uses deep channels in the EPS that form crush zones and provide excellent airflow.

I can't seem to find anything about impact protection offered by this helmet. Can you link to that crush zone info?

Airoh, Vemar, Shark and Suomy all use crush zone channels to soften the EPS to ECE standards. It is described in the Motorcyclist magazine article, "blowing the lid off".

Ok, I got to test my new helmet this weekend in the desert.  The thing is awesome .... so light and great venting ... It is so so nice to have something so light and comfortable.  Love it  :thumbsup:

helmet.JPG

Airoh, Vemar, Shark and Suomy all use crush zone channels to soften the EPS to ECE standards. It is described in the Motorcyclist magazine article, "blowing the lid off".

Thanks Cam.  I just read the article again.  I see where that technique is used to create a dual-density liner.  Makes perfect sense  :thumbsup:

nice to see the prices are coming down on them

Does MotoStorm charge import fees since they're in Italy? I thought I've read on another forum that someone was charged, maybe not though.

I've been looking at buying a pair of sidi srs boots from there since it's about $100 cheaper.

I didn't pay any that I know of. IIRC the prices on their site were all inclusive (item, shipping, etc) so if there were any fees they were included in the price.

Does MotoStorm charge import fees since they're in Italy? I thought I've read on another forum that someone was charged, maybe not though.

I've been looking at buying a pair of sidi srs boots from there since it's about $100 cheaper.

There are no import fees/tariffs on motorcycle accessories from Italy. 

Has anybody ordered the Airoh Terminator Helmet ? It is a bit less pricy and still has a lot of the sae features as the Aviator. They have a 2.1 version that gets rid of that funky black plastic piece near the visor. Actually looks more like the aviator for $260 w/o shipping.

I want one I think

Anybody??

Al