350SXF Vs 450SXF

Use the search feature. There are at least 20 threads asking the same question.

thanks, "that guy" you contribute like a dush. Ya, I know, I spelled it wrong. Use the search feature, a lot of dushe bags like you will show up

Well, he is right... if we have 20 threads about identical topics, it does kinda get frustrating for people to answer the same questions over and over again.

The 2013 350SXF is a pretty powerful bike, its very similar in top end to the 2013 450SXF. However, where the 450SXF has a smooth and broad power delivery, the 350SXF is a more sharp, top-end "racer" delivery. Its a VERY different motor then a hopped-up older 250SXF.

I'm a pretty small guy and I like light-weight small-bore screamers, which is why I went with the 2013 250SXF as my main bike. Its perfect for me because I can lug it around if I want, but when I really wanna go places, I just pin it and it just shoots to the moon with the RPM's and boy does that bike move forward in a hurry. Remember, the 13+ 250/350 is a solid 6hp more then the previous generations. So that bike alone is probably just as powerful as your bored out 300.

IDK mate, I've ridden the 250 and 350 and ya know what, I vastly prefer my 250. If I were a heavier guy, I'd probably skip the 350 and go right to the 450 because of how nice that bike is and how much development went into the package. I think the 350 today doesn't seem to have a home like it did a few years ago when it came out, bridging the gap between the 250 and 450.

The 350 is a heavier and longer bike than the 250 and feels a bit of a turd to throw around , I would get a 2013/14 sxf 250 and bore it out , the 350 is fast for sure but not fun like the 250f

Get a 450 ? the 13 onwards are just unreal !! for me and my vet skill level I left the stock pipe on as it has masses of power but with a gentle power delivery that I feel complete control over. I spent my money on complete ohlins suspension and a rekluse core exp, shorai lighter battery and I put the the hdps mounts I had left over from my 2011 350 and I just tried the green elastomers awesome !!!

The 350 is a great bike but the 450 is I believe better again ?

Seems the specs say the same wheelbase but as a owner of both I can tell you without a doubt they rode very different and no bike test will say the 350 feels flickable like the 250

As of 2013, They are the same bike. The only difference outside if the motor is the suspension. They run very different stacks and one rate stiffer on the springs. Go through the parts catalog for both bikes, you'll be amazed at how many shared components there are for 2013. Prior to 2013 the two bikes were completely different.

The dungey replica is the only bike I know to have a different rake and trail then the other machines.

I own a 2012.5 450 factory edition and I would say without hesitation the 450 is the way to go if you want tons of smooth consistent power at any rpm. It does NOT have that two stroke surge of power or the flickability of a 125/ 250f but you didn't ask about how it compares to small bores. You'll never have to wait for your power to come on strong its there and it just becomes more meaty as you rev. But if you only want power on the top of the rpm range go 350 because it just revs and revs and revs. In all conditions the 450 is superior to the smaller bores, simply put why give a 100cc advantage to everyone in your class if the weight of the 350 is not substantial nor is it more maneuverable. I didn't factor in rider, if your small and weak and wont be able to complete a race because your bike has more power and is in the meat of its power more consistently and is a couple pounds heavier I'd say go 350 but hopefully thats not the case. If your average build or larger and physically fit enough to race go 450 no doubt. This is just my perspective so feel free to disagree, everyone is allowed to share their opinion.

You have some pretty twisted logic there son....

My honest opinion from when I did the 13 test day.. The 250f was fun but I felt didn't have the power for me, the 350f for me felt the same as the 250f but with more power which I liked then I tried the 450 which I didn't like kept dropping it on corners ect wether it was due to rider error or clickers had been messed with it just all round felt a lot heavier and no we're near as flickable as previous 2 bikes

Please feel free to enlighten me and everyone else with your perspective, while actually staying on topic. 

That is right on topic if the original post is about a wide ratio tranny in a trail bike(kick stand, bigger gas tank, lights and wider gear ratio) but he specifically asked about racing and more specifically the SX-F models and the difference between the 450 and the 350. So your input there IS irrelevant.

In what situations is a 350 going to be equally as fast as a 450? rutted cornering and braking? Definitely not on the entire race track? With any level rider the torque from a 450 will be better especially in situations where upshifting early to prepare for upcoming obstacles is required for example large jumps right out of a corner, whoops, sand, mud and even rhythm sections. Not to forget the obvious elevation changes such as hill climbs. You know what I always tell myself? I would love 100 less cc's when Im surrounded by heavily modified asian 450s at tracks like glen helen and zaca station because "...its all about how far you twist the throttle" RIGHT? Maybe its different in Canada but where I come from its clearly not ALL about "how far you can twist the throttle" it mainly comes down to carrying momentum, where and how the rider prefers their power delivery and how well the suspension and chassis work on various conditions and obsticales. Me personally I'll take more total power across the entire rpm range over the benefits of couple percent weight reduction and a bit more on top any day but I'm not a small dude so to each their own.

What does Canada have anything to do with what he said?

The 350 is a weekend warrior bike for MX...

Please feel free to enlighten me and everyone else with your perspective, while actually staying on topic.

That is right on topic if the original post is about a wide ratio tranny in a trail bike(kick stand, bigger gas tank, lights and wider gear ratio) but he specifically asked about racing and more specifically the SX-F models and the difference between the 450 and the 350. So your input there IS irrelevant.

In what situations is a 350 going to be equally as fast as a 450? rutted cornering and braking? Definitely not on the entire race track? With any level rider the torque from a 450 will be better especially in situations where upshifting early to prepare for upcoming obstacles is required for example large jumps right out of a corner, whoops, sand, mud and even rhythm sections. Not to forget the obvious elevation changes such as hill climbs. You know what I always tell myself? I would love 100 less cc's when Im surrounded by heavily modified asian 450s at tracks like glen helen and zaca station because "...its all about how far you twist the throttle" RIGHT? Maybe its different in Canada but where I come from its clearly not ALL about "how far you can twist the throttle" it mainly comes down to carrying momentum, where and how the rider prefers their power delivery and how well the suspension and chassis work on various conditions and obsticales. Me personally I'll take more total power across the entire rpm range over the benefits of couple percent weight reduction and a bit more on top any day but I'm not a small dude so to each their own.

Google KTM'S line of XCFs.... They're virtually the same as the SXFs! Your confused with the XCW line...

I bought my 350 for MX but to be honest I ride it in the woods a lot. I rode with my buddy and his new Beta 300RR yesterday and am pretty much even in the tight stuff with him. As soon as it opens up a bit similar to GNCC style tracks he can't keep me behind him.

Not too many guys here racing 350's in MX1,mostly vet class and Track day guys. I use mine for track days and 40 plus class.

A lot of guys run them instead of the 450's because the big bikes tire them out. None of the pros or fast guys here run 350's for MX, mostly for scrambles and enduro.

I personally like the 2 stroke feel of the 350 and the lower engine braking. I have a 2011 with 12 mapping and a yosh RS4 which is plenty for me. I run the mild switch in the woods most of the time. I rode a 14 450sxf last month and it's a lazy mans bike, way easier to ride fast on the track. I can't ride the 450 flat out the way I can the 350.