Sign in to follow this  

Rapter fuel patcock for DRZ400SM - which one?

I want to put a manual fuel petcock on my 2008 DRZ400SM - just tired of the stock vacuum one multifunctioning.  Does anyone know which year raptor one will fit?  My local shop has a2007 raptor petcock one for $30 bucks.. 

Thanks for your input!

I have not installed any raptor's, but for the Mikuni the fuel barb needs to point straight down at 6 o'clock. If it's at 3 o'clock the fuel hose has to make an "S"...doable but a pain. 

Sorry, I was not specific...I have a FCR39mm carb on it....

Sorry, I was not specific...I have a FCR39mm carb on it....

It will still work. Get some fuel tubing from an auto parts store and have it loop around.

Yamaha Raptor Petcock part # 5LP-24500-01

P5304721.JPG

It will still work. Get some fuel tubing from an auto parts store and have it loop around.

Yamaha Raptor Petcock part # 5LP-24500-01

Cool, thanks!!

I don't know about the Raptor part but here is a link to a manual petcock I just ordered on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRZ400-DRZ-400-KLX400-KLX-PETCOCK-FUEL-VALVE-GAS-HOSE-BARB-FACING-DOWN-/250958030900?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6e43a834&vxp=mtr

I bought a $16 one (looks like the Raptor part) and I like the manual but the cheaply made assembly leaks occasionally around the selector switch.  I have not received the above unit yet but the seller claims to sell a high quality assembly that does not exhibit many of the issues associated with the cheap ones.  Plus, the above has a downward pointing (6 o'clock position) outlet so the stock fuel line/routing can be maintained.

I don't know about the Raptor part but here is a link to a manual petcock I just ordered on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRZ400-DRZ-400-KLX400-KLX-PETCOCK-FUEL-VALVE-GAS-HOSE-BARB-FACING-DOWN-/250958030900?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6e43a834&vxp=mtr

I bought a $16 one (looks like the Raptor part) and I like the manual but the cheaply made assembly leaks occasionally around the selector switch.  I have not received the above unit yet but the seller claims to sell a high quality assembly that does not exhibit many of the issues associated with the cheap ones.  Plus, the above has a downward pointing (6 o'clock position) outlet so the stock fuel line/routing can be maintained.

How's this petcock working out so far?

How's this petcock working out so far?

So far so good. No leaks and install was a breeze. I'd recommend it based on the experience so far.

Or just buy the Yamaha petcock, once.

Think I paid about $22(or so) and never looked back. I have no room in my kit for cheap, failing Chinese junk and after reading of a few unhappy BFR petcock owners I decided to spend the same $ and opted for the Yamaha part. Of course it may be from China as well, but it wasn't obvious and it did say Made in Japan on the package. I think mine was for a WR400 but I can't find the package or the shipping report

NOTE: I have the Clarke tank

Edited by shuswap1