Sign in to follow this  

Front brake not not functioning right

I'm not sure how to explain this. My wife took a nasty spill and dumped the right handlebar in some dirt/mud. 2009 CRF230F.

When pulling on the front brake the boot/plunger that is pressed in seems very slow to respond back to the previous position. The brake lever is slow to return to the starting position.

I'm not sure where to start. Do I need to bleed the brake lines. Is there an issue with master cylinder? Any help would be appreciated..

I'm not sure how to explain this. My wife took a nasty spill and dumped the right handlebar in some dirt/mud. 2009 CRF230F.

When pulling on the front brake the boot/plunger that is pressed in seems very slow to respond back to the previous position. The brake lever is slow to return to the starting position.

I'm not sure where to start. Do I need to bleed the brake lines. Is there an issue with master cylinder? Any help would be appreciated..

I think I would start by removing the lever and clean and inspect/grease the lever pivot, it may just be packed with grit. Is the master cylinder dust boot intact, if its torn dirt may have gotten past that. Air in the system will cause the lever to travel all the way to the handlebar with little to no braking effect. I suppose its possible the brake line banjo bolt was knocked loose from an impact so I would look at that too.

Tech25