Sign in to follow this  

Anyone running XRs Only exhaust?

Running an old supertrapp slip on right now on my XL600.  It's ok, a bit loud, but since it doesn't use any gaskets or seals at the joints it likes to leak.  Was looking into replacing the whole system with a bolt on setup and the only one still out there for the XL is from XR's only.  Looks like a nice system, anyone running one on their XR or XL?  Fit nice?  Sound decent?

Running an old supertrapp slip on right now on my XL600.  It's ok, a bit loud, but since it doesn't use any gaskets or seals at the joints it likes to leak.  Was looking into replacing the whole system with a bolt on setup and the only one still out there for the XL is from XR's only.  Looks like a nice system, anyone running one on their XR or XL?  Fit nice?  Sound decent?

Yeah, im running a full xrs only exhaust on my xrl650. Fits good. looks good. But it is a little loud. Just what i like though. I want people, animals to hear me comming through the woods. Case in point, today i came up a hill doing about 50 mph only to see a guy on a horse waiting for me to drive by. A quieter exhaust may have had a different outcome.

• Like 1

There is also the Staintune exhaust, all stainless steel, never needs repacking and sounds fantastic. If you want loud you can remove the suppressor with one screw. This system will outlast your bike, no leaks and bolts right up perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestions, but XR's only is the only company that still offers a true bolt on full exhaust.  The FMF system is for the XR and pipe leading into the muffler is a bit shorter, and the muffler mounts are different.  The Staintune is nice, but pretty expensive.  The XR's only seems to be a reasonably priced @ $520 for a full header and exhaust system.

Thanks for the suggestions, but XR's only is the only company that still offers a true bolt on full exhaust.  The FMF system is for the XR and pipe leading into the muffler is a bit shorter, and the muffler mounts are different.  The Staintune is nice, but pretty expensive.  The XR's only seems to be a reasonably priced @ $520 for a full header and exhaust system.

There is a good shot of mine on page 5 " a pic of my 284 lb xrl ". IT gives a good bark when im heavy on the throttle. Cruising on the street is ok. You can buy a quietcore insert from xr's only for it that will help keep it quieter. Plus, mine is probally due to be re-packed by now. Fit and finish is good. no problems with it...rugged.

Edited by Thumper3

If cost is a concern, the DG pipe is a very good option.  Not the loudest, but does have a solid deep thump to it.  I think I got mine for about $175 or so.  Same one fits the XR650L.  Fit right up to the stock header with a tight connection.

I will have a XRs only slip on for sale in a day or two keep an eye on the classifieds

Just from what I've read seems like xr only sells crappy stuff. I was interested in buying a few things from them but read alot of bad stuff about them and there products

Just from what I've read seems like xr only sells crappy stuff. I was interested in buying a few things from them but read alot of bad stuff about them and there products

Lol, I don't know how crappy their stuff is, but I'm willing to bet that their exhaust system is much nicer than this old supertrapp slip on I have.  This thing leaks at every seam.  Would be ok if it allowed the use of gaskets rather than a tight slip fit.

There is also the Staintune exhaust, all stainless steel, never needs repacking and sounds fantastic. If you want loud you can remove the suppressor with one screw. This system will outlast your bike, no leaks and bolts right up perfectly.

I never see staintune advertised in the US, are they sold here?

Yep, you can certainly buy them in the US.

http://staintune.com.au/dealers_usa.htm

I ordered mine from a California dealer and had to wait a few months for it to be built and shipped ( from Australia to U.S. then to Canada).

This is a good time of year to order.

By far the best thing I have done to my L. Expensive and worth it, you get what you pay for.

Yep, you can certainly buy them in the US.

http://staintune.com.au/dealers_usa.htm

I ordered mine from a California dealer and had to wait a few months for it to be built and shipped ( from Australia to U.S. then to Canada).

This is a good time of year to order.

By far the best thing I have done to my L. Expensive and worth it, you get what you pay for.

Pictures?

I have an old supertrapp disced XRs Only Comp series. Lot's of power but L-O-U-D!!!! This got me interested enough to try and install their quiet core insert I bought a year ago. It only fits with the straight thru end cap and screen type arrestor I discovered.

Edited by valvesrule

If cost is a concern, the DG pipe is a very good option.  Not the loudest, but does have a solid deep thump to it.  I think I got mine for about $175 or so.  Same one fits the XR650L.  Fit right up to the stock header with a tight connection.

There must be something wrong with mine . You can hear me coming miles away. Its louder than my HD

There must be something wrong with mine . You can hear me coming miles away. Its louder than my HD

I have come to grips, after many "talks" from my wife, that my hearing must be shot.  I have a megabomb and Q4 on my CRF250 and it sounds the same as the XR600.  I must have lost some low end hearing in the past few hears.  I do still think the DG sounds great, but I may have lost my credibility for that in my older age.

I have come to grips, after many "talks" from my wife, that my hearing must be shot.  I have a megabomb and Q4 on my CRF250 and it sounds the same as the XR600.  I must have lost some low end hearing in the past few hears.  I do still think the DG sounds great, but I may have lost my credibility for that in my older age.

What?