Sign in to follow this  

Need a TPS Terminal Connector

I want to build a TPS adjuster/tester with a OEM style terminal connector, to connect to the TPS.

Anybody know where I could source a TPS connector?

I wish I had  a junk wire harness to steal one from

If your talking about an fi bike. I got my connecter and pig tail from an Acura car. Are you making a calibration tool?

Can't you just get the resistance with a OHM meter? Or the FI bikes not the same?

Edited by gscx

Can't you just get the resistance with a OHM meter? Or the FI bikes not the same?

My interest is the FI model. I could get the resistance with an ohm meter but because of where the TPS is located on these bikes its almost impossible to get in there with a meter, and the TB has to be off the bike to get a reliable read or adjustment.

I also have a transformer from a cell phone charger which I want to use to power it.

I'll have to find an Acura at the local junk yard. Sounds like that might do what I'm looking for.

The transformer from a cell phone is a great idea I had one in the drawer looked at the back it's said 5voltdc (presto) now to get a connector to plug in the tps would be awesome and there is noway to ajust it on bike but you could take a reading I guess befor you pulled the throttle body off good luck it worked for me , the first time I adjusted I used a slightly discharged 6 volt battery took a reading then made the calculation changes , if the battery read higher than 5 v then I would just add the difference to setting it seemed to work also .

I twisted and bent and torx bit so it will reach up to the TPS with the engine mount removed.

So the TPS is adjustable on the bike. With the sub frame removed. 

Ah ok sounds like it would work , I just figured it was torn down so far just a few more items and the TB is out , the hardest thing for me is that damn air boot and those Torx heads are pretty soft about destroyed one! (I stood to be corrected)

Aside from backprobing while the bike is running, there are 2 easy ways to accomplish measuring the TPS voltage.

The cheapest way is to disassemble the wired connector, remove the connectors/wires from their positions in the connector, remove the crimps and solder that hold the wires on the 2 pins you need to measure the TPS output, solder and re-crimp the double wires where there used to be only 1, run the double wires through the grommet and use some sealant if you need to. Now you have the 2 extra wires you can use to measure the TPS voltage. Start the bike and set the idle TPS to 0.5V or your preference. Now you must wrap/protect those wires from damage, shorts, etc, when you're done.

FYI, you MUST measure TPS voltage while the bike is running under it's own electrical power source. You should not test and/or set it with an auxiliary battery. You'll never be able to perfectly match the TPS output when using the on-board source vs using any off-board source.

What I do, so I am not messing around with the OEM harness, is make a complete 3-wire "jumper" utilizing a male and female connector and wires. It runs inline with the OEM connector. I unplug the TPS connector, plug one end of the jumper harness into that TPS harness connector, the other end of the jumper harness goes into the TPS itself. I have added the 2 extra wires that I use to feed my data acquisition system via another WeatherPak plug. I also grab rpm and WBO2 data so that I can modify the fuel % based upon TPS% and rpm. Braaap.

The 2 terminals are readily available and are widely-used auto terminals, I can't remember what from, but surely shared with many makes and models. Weatherpak I think I bought, it was a long time ago...

Edited by Eddie8v

Aside from backprobing while the bike is running, there are 2 easy ways to accomplish measuring the TPS voltage. The cheapest way is to disassemble the wired connector, remove the connectors/wires from their positions in the connector, remove the crimps and solder that hold the wires on the 2 pins you need to measure the TPS output, solder and re-crimp the double wires where there used to be only 1, run the double wires through the grommet and use some sealant if you need to. Now you have the 2 extra wires you can use to measure the TPS voltage. Start the bike and set the idle TPS to 0.5V or your preference. Now you must wrap/protect those wires from damage, shorts, etc, when you're done. FYI, you MUST measure TPS voltage while the bike is running under it's own electrical power source. You should not test and/or set it with an auxiliary battery. You'll never be able to perfectly match the TPS output when using the on-board source vs using any off-board source. What I do, so I am not messing around with the OEM harness, is make a complete 3-wire "jumper" utilizing a male and female connector and wires. It runs inline with the OEM connector. I unplug the TPS connector, plug one end of the jumper harness into that TPS harness connector, the other end of the jumper harness goes into the TPS itself. I have added the 2 extra wires that I use to feed my data acquisition system via another WeatherPak plug. I also grab rpm and WBO2 data so that I can modify the fuel % based upon TPS% and rpm. Braaap. The 2 terminals are readily available and are widely-used auto terminals, I can't remember what from, but surely shared with many makes and models. Weatherpak I think I bought, it was a long time ago...

That works great for a single bike.

I'm looking for something that can be used on different bikes though.

On the other hand I was looking at the 12 last night, and I forgot how packed in the TPS is.

The 13 has easier access with the frame/engine mount removed.

??? My stand-alone harness works on all Hondas and doesn't modify the bike's harness. It may work on other bikes if they use the same TPS connector. You have all Honda, right, so it's easy for you, only need the one jumper to fit all your bikes. Just make a jumper harness, install it to set the TPS, remove the harness, done. You only need to check/set the TPS once per bike, when you receive the bike, new or used.

Edited by Eddie8v