ALINING EXAUST VALVES ON A 1986 KDX 200?

MORNING ALL,  DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ALIGHN THE EXAUST VALVES ON A 1986 KDX 200?  THERE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE MARK'S ON THE CYLINDER, BUT THEY DO NOT EXIST!  I DID SEE THAT A MEMBER RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THAT?  IF ANYONE KNOW'SWOULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO MAIL ME  AT  GERALDDUNNREMO@AOL.COM WITH ANY INFO. IM AT A STANDSTILL CAUSE OF THIS ISSUE!  THANK YOU!  JERRY

The way I assembled mine in the newer bike is to put the entire assembly together except the aluminum spacers on the drums shafts..... Then I look through the exhaust port..In your case raise the drums up so you can pull the rack to the open position.....then set each drum while looking through the exhaust port verifying the ports are open. After they are set then lower them back down... Set each one making sure the rack bar is open...Then replace the aluminum spacers on the drum shafts and work the rack bar back and forth visually looking through the exhaust port. If the rack is in toward the head the ports are covered..If the rack bar is fully pulled out then the ports are open. It may be trial and error but usually not too hard to figure this out.

BTW did you know your cap lock is stuck on.... :lol: