Finally a proper lap with out rolling any of the jumps :)

I was at this track last year a couple times.

Since then, I have had a couple more leasons and TONS of laps around my backyard track.

This was the first time I went to this Byron MotorSports Park this year.  The layout was a little different than I remember last year.  Now I have a GoPro.

Took my time and got more comfortable.  More confident.

There were two jumps I was shy of as last year I cased them both pretty good.  I stopped and watched some guys at each of them and saw: they pinned it and cleared them no problem.  I'd always let off and roll them.  So....went at it.  Got them NoProblem :)

So proud of myself.  So much fun doing a full, proper lap.

Now I'm not looking for any advice as I know I need a lot of inprovement.  (feel free to point out anything anyhow :) ).  I know I have to charge harder into every turn and use the brakes a LOT more.  I have to get more confident with being way up on the tank, holding the front wheel into the turn and letting the back slide out...a bit.

But, I was just looking to get some seat time on a real track.  Getting comfortable with it at speed and having no "OH SHIT" moments.  That I did.  I'm going back next week to ride again as it was great fun.  Being way better than last year is an encouragment that my practice and seat time have helped.

http://youtu.be/b4h7p5Uq0Ak

The two jumps in question are at; 20 seconds and 1:22.  They are both pretty abrupt step ups.  It's a hard hit to jump into thier faces.

CooHead

(might have to click on the quality button for it to show up good)

I know I have to charge harder into every turn and use the brakes a LOT more.

Actually, I'd just brake less. Just focus on not coasting. Learning how to charge into a corner is very difficult and can lead to some epic crashes as a result. So I'd just work slowly and perhaps learn how to ride around the track without the brakes at all as a training exercise.

I have to get more confident with being way up on the tank, holding the front wheel into the turn and letting the back slide out...a bit.

Yes, most of the time you're upright before you get on the throttle. Those big bowl corners should be flat-tracked around, you don't really even need to brake much, just a tiny bit when you go from standing to sitting. Where you sit on the seat is important sure, but I'd ride around the track without sitting way before I focus on where to sit. Half of your problem is the fact you are sitting everywhere. When you do standing drills, you will learn a lot. ;)

I was just looking to get some seat time on a real track.  Getting comfortable with it at speed and having no "OH SHIT" moments.  That I did.  I'm going back next week to ride again as it was great fun.  Being way better than last year is an encouragment that my practice and seat time have helped.

Yep, ya did good. :) Just keep at it and I highly suggest getting some sideline help for your body positioning. I think you're OH SHIT moments will decrease substantially if someone just pointed out what you're doing wrong...

Good luck! Keep up the good work! :)

Congrats. I know exactly how you feel, I finally trusted myself to take some of the jumps on my local track a few weeks ago.

Feels great huh.

Obviously plenty left to learn for both of us but well done, good on you.