Sign in to follow this  

Indiana races?

Hey I recently moved to Indiana from Georgia and I'm looking for any places nearby that have amateur motocross super cross and or enduro races really ambitious to start but have no idea where to go to get my name out there please help

Haspin acres holds mx races and hare scrambles, their in southern Indiana. believe its haspinacres.com

• Like 1

Midwestxc.com and ixcr run hare scrambles around indiana area. Ironman is coming up on October 26 and 27. Clubs like stoneylonesome in southern/central IN also organize races.

• Like 1

How do I sight up for the events? And what are restrictions as far as modifications done to the bikes....also thanks for the help!

What do you ride? you usually just show up, and sign up. you can do it the day before, or the day of, just give yourself time, because the lines get long(I try the day before usually) 

I don't know what modification you mean, but you need to ride your class. example, for me, I am a C rider, so I need to race C. my bike is a 300, so I need to race 250cc+ If I had a 250cc I could race in the lites, instead of the Heavy(Open) They never tested me, but you can't be louder than 98db. -

Riders may not carry gasoline anywhere except inside the machine's fuel tank.

All machines must have silencers.
All machines must have a working kill switch (bikes) or tether cord (ATV).
No horns, bells or other sound devices are permitted on machines. 
Machine sound level cannot exceed 98 dB/A.
Machines may be tested by officials any time prior to, during or after the event. 
Riders contesting the series should to comply with the number plate color code. (see Class Chart).

I am not sure, but I read something(2010) that IXCR is ama membership, but MWXC, and GNCC aren't. For GNCC 

"Riders must obtain a transponder.  Transponders can be purchased/rented at each event. For best results, mount the unit on the rider’s chest protector or on the front fender.  Transponders have a 2-year battery life from the date printed on the unit.  Once the unit fails to read at Tech Inspection, or exceeds the battery life, riders must purchase/rent a new unit.

Riders will receive two numbered helmet tags for emergency back-up scoring.  Place the smaller white tag on the lower left chin side of the helmet; place the colored tag on the back of the helmet. Helmet tags may not be trimmed less than 3”."

Transponders can be purchased or rented.  The purchase price is $65 - cash or credit; if you are using credit, there is a $2.00 service fee.

The rental price is also $65, but you get $55 back when you return it at the end of the day.  You will be given a receipt along with your transponder to verify your deposit and your transponder number. then your entry fee, plus registration fee. so be ready with $100 to race(it will only be around $50 in the end)

MWXC Is simple. you pay entrance fee $12, Transponder fee $5(you keep on your helmet) and then $35 registration fee. 

MAXC race in Gosport, IN this saturday. themaxc.com

Saturday races are nice because you get sunday to get the bike cleaned up and stuff, as opposed to racing on sunday.

by restrictions i mean aftermarket accecories and motor work doneto the bike say i was racing in the 250 class and i had a Kawasaki 250 f with an athena 290 bore kit in it would i still be allowed to race that bike in the 250 class?

There are several harescramble series in Indiana...

www.ixcr.com  or on facebook

www.midwestxc.com  or on facebook

www.themaxc.com  or on facebook

All three series run, for the most part, on private farms that only see action once or twice per year.  With a couple of exceptions, they race almost exclusively south of I-70.  These races typically have upwards of 200 bikes.  I think IXCR topped 300 a couple of times.  Only MAXC is AMA...for the others, you just show up, pay the race fee, and get after it.  All series pretty much run the same basic classes and can be based on engine size, skill level, age, or some combination of the those.  There aren't many limits on modifications, but a big bore kit on a 250F will technically force you to run with the open class bikes.  Of course, no one is going to care unless you are winning consistently, lol. 

Another nice series is in Southern Ohio, mostly around the Chilicothe/Bainbridge area.  They typically see 75 or so bikes:

OXCR on facebook...not sure they have a webpage

In additon to thesw series, add WIXC, Wetern Indiana Cross Country. Wixc.com

2014 there is going to be a off road race just about every other weekend in Indiana.

• Like 1

Hey I recently moved to Indiana from Georgia and I'm looking for any places nearby that have amateur motocross super cross and or enduro races really ambitious to start but have no idea where to go to get my name out there please help

2 gncc races. Ironman in Crawfordsville and Springville. Also Crawfordsville august 16th motocross national race. Also wildcat MX park near rossville.

by restrictions i mean aftermarket accecories and motor work doneto the bike say i was racing in the 250 class and i had a Kawasaki 250 f with an athena 290 bore kit in it would i still be allowed to race that bike in the 250 class?

What series are you looking to do? As far as supercross there are no indoor supercross tracks in this state. There are a few outdoor tracks.but no indoor.

For motocross that bike will be illegal in the 250 class. It can't be over 249cc or its illegal. And with that big of a bore kit you'll get caught. For enduros it'll be fully legal.

Wildcat creek mx

Podium one mx

Haspin acres

Attica badlands

High fly mx

Leisure time mx

And a few others depending how far you're willing to drive.

Mid America cross country is a endure race series that's about to kickoff you can look up.

I live in Indiana as well. We got some good riding areas around.

Edited by MXWarrior323

What series are you looking to do? As far as supercross there are no indoor supercross tracks in this state. There are a few outdoor tracks.but no indoor. For motocross that bike will be illegal in the 250 class. It can't be over 249cc or its illegal. And with that big of a bore kit you'll get caught. For enduros it'll be fully legal. Wildcat creek mxPodium one mx Haspin acresAttica badlandsHigh fly mxLeisure time mxAnd a few others depending how far you're willing to drive. Mid America cross country is a endure race series that's about to kickoff you can look up.I live in Indiana as well. We got some good riding areas around.

The motoplex in laotto In. Up by Fort Wayne is indoor unless they closed