Sign in to follow this  

Digital dash?

I am looking at an 05 DRZ400.  The speedometer will only read in km/hr.  Is this common?  3 different people tried to change it back to mph, but couldn't do it.  The original owner just had a new battery put in it a week ago, and he swears that it always read in mph. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am looking at an 05 DRZ400.  The speedometer will only read in km/hr.  Is this common?  3 different people tried to change it back to mph, but couldn't do it.  The original owner just had a new battery put in it a week ago, and he swears that it always read in mph. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just checked the shop manual and the only reference for changing km/hr to miles is with the earlier models, the ones with a select button on the dash. If you have a select button just hold it down for three seconds....but your model is later than that.

Ron W

We went by what the owners manual said, and we couldn't get it to change the display. I'm hoping it is something simple, but reading in km/hr isn't the worst thing to deal with.

Did the previous owner replace the speedo?  

As far as I know, the bike is stock.  What would swapping out the speedometer have to do with reading in km/hr?  Do you think he swapped it?  The bike shows 2400 miles.  He had 3 land rovers, and 2 boats.  The bike sat alot.