Sign in to follow this  

KTM 125sx Clicker Question

The bike has trouble with fast impacts (rocks, stumps, etc.).  I think the problem is that the forks are rebounding too fast.  I realize now that that problem would probably need to be adjusted at the bottom of the fork, not the clicker.  Anyways, I think I discovered that the clickers aren't both in the same place.  I thought I could fix this by turning them all the way clockwise then backing off.  I tried this but they don't both go the same distance.  The left fork clicker goes signifigantly less far than the right.  How do I get them back to the factory setting?  And for the adjusters on the bottom of the fork , how do I adjust using them?  Sorry for my long and confusing explanation.

Edited by dirtbiker4life96

Both, the compression adjuster at the top and the rebound adjuster at the bottom of the fork, is refered to as clickers.

If you have a significant difference in the number of clicks at the bottom, your fork has been assembled inproperly.

Set the Rebound on the forks to 12-14. This will work in any case for your bike.

Of course this is only true for the CC forks.

Since you havent named the year of the bike I just assumed its a newer one...

Edited by Vietze

Sorry forgot to mention the year. It's an 05. I want to reset the rebound to factory but I don't really have a good starting point since they won't go the same number of clicks on each side. The left side gets really hard to turn after a while but way before the right does.

Bump...I'm going riding this weekend and really need some help.  I just mainly want to get back to the stock setting of the clickers on the top of the forks because I'm not sure if they are in the same place.  Any help is appreciated.

How many clicks does each adjuster have ? The compression is at the bottom and rebound at the top

Sorry forgot to mention the year. It's an 05. I want to reset the rebound to factory but I don't really have a good starting point since they won't go the same number of clicks on each side. The left side gets really hard to turn after a while but way before the right does.

Give your forks to a good Suspension guy and let him do a service.

Most likely your reb knows are full of dirt, the Orings are gone and the spring with the two bearing balls is rusted.

Could be also a problem with bad assembling of the reb push rod.

Your forks are also well known for rusted/stuck reb needles.

p1050771o.jpg

p1050768fy.jpg

p1040239p.jpg

p1040243b.jpg

I've done a lot of them

How many clicks does each adjuster have ? The compression is at the bottom and rebound at the top

I'd have to go out and check for an exact number, but the left has about half as many as the right without forcing it to turn. These are the rebound clickers

Needs a service