OMG!

I'm in love.  Pretty much what everyone said.

She got a real workout today

WP_000589_zps19749c8d.jpg

Then all clean

WP_000592_zps44975159.jpg

Good points and bad points...but every bike has uhm!

Lugs pretty damn good.  Has WAY more snap then I thought(but still in a good way).  No way would I want a 450.

Steers with the pegs, feels way lighter steering then when picking up :goofy:

Makes a huge difference where you sit...personally I think there is a sweet spot, but i could TOTALLY see someone that actually knows how to ride be more sensitive and that is not me. ?

Really happy and not expecting being able to barely whack the throttle and lift the front end over logs ?

Chain slap noise sucks, but i'm willing to listen to it just to be able to short shift.

Very flickable and lighter than...already said that. ?

Starter never failed me, but at times it was very weak.

Not happy with the lack of protection

I'm sure I got more, but the beer is kicking in as this cold/flu kicks my ass.

Neutral sucks ass trying to find.  I usually found it kicking down.  Did find it once while riding.

Shifts like butter.  Really happy with that.

I had a fan put on...it is a MUST!

*hopefully someone got some good pics/film of today...Hawaii would be proud. :cool:

Edited by inspects
  • Like 2

I'm jealous as usual...That's an awesome bike!!Great that you love the bike!! Congrats!!!!

I would look for a header pipe guard  and the big skidplate. I'd get the billet brake pedal . I've broken a bunch of those (just listen for the PING!!!) before getting the billet one that's way stronger and I've just bent it back to normal when hitting rocks etc. Here's some links for some ideas on choices. I know one guy locally that broke his side cover on his 520 before getting a better skid plate. Here's one of his vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjqGlP1NbU

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/987734-uptite-skid-plate-for-betas/

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/879517-2010-beta-520-rr-pipe-guard/

http://www.americanbeta.com/node/41

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Please keep the videos coming, beautiful riding area.  ?

Hell, why is it everyone's camera is on during the easy stuff but suddenly the batteries are dead during the epic stuff?!?!?!

Enduroguy - did you at least get a picture of the 4 1/2 foot down tree that Travis(?) and Willy got there bikes over?  I looked at Travis and said, "Not to be an &%$#@!, but I am NOT doing that."

*Shit, we had a LOT of damage/carnage that day.

Hell, why is it everyone's camera is on during the easy stuff but suddenly the batteries are dead during the epic stuff?!?!?!

Enduroguy - did you at least get a picture of the 4 1/2 foot down tree that Travis(?) and Willy got there bikes over?  I looked at Travis and said, "Not to be an &%$#@!, but I am NOT doing that."

*Shit, we had a LOT of damage/carnage that day.

20131012_105331_zpsddcccecf.jpg

20131012_135040_zpsa65b9fcb.jpg

20131012_135107_zps44b8f182.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, Tim and I were on the good side too..haha and Willy did rip off his silancer ... You guys made the right choice for sure.

I not only ripped off my silencer, I broke the mounting tabs on the can and on the bike frame, twisted the sub-frame and packed the silencer with dirt and rock. Spent better part of 4 hours on Sunday fabricating and welding new tabs/mounts and tweaking the subframe back into shape.

I was grinning the entire time I was working on the repairs, it was also great to see Inspects out on the trails, chillin' with the group in the trees and above all else smiling like the cat that ate the canary.

Great riding with ya again buddy ?

Yup, It was fun times ?  A Beta 300rr, 2 KTM's and a Honda CRF450 got over it, the others found another route that was almost as interesting.

I think your right about "almost as interesting" since the guy who scouted out the exit trail returned with no bike explaining he found a way out but it was only a one way trip. Thats the guy standing there in the picture where the guys are looking back up the hill at him.

20131012_135107_zps44b8f182.jpg

• Like 1