Rebuilt 2006 yz167 with pics and a carb problem please help

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629899.478901.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629921.330391.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629940.831604.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629982.563992.jpg

Here's my issue I bought this 2006 with a max power 167 kit installed the bike had about 10 hours on it owned by a 55 year old dentist. Bike is perfect... Endless to say I tore it all down and rebuilt it. Put a carb rebuild kit in it with a 420 and 37.5 main and pilot. I took it for its first spin today. I have started it before and everything was great but when I took it out today by the time I hit the end of my street the bike bogged and died like it was starving for gas. Yes gas was on and there's plenty in the tank. Iam running vpr and pump 50/50. When I rebuilt the carb I cleaned it out great but I was messing the the float bowl valve and hinge for the float. Weird thing is when I started the bike twice in my front year bike was crisp but to day It bogged and died at the end of the block them finally got it fired up to only bog and die again and again. What else could it be. Thanks

How long do it take for gas to go bad. The vpr is about 6 months old and the pump gas about 6 weeks. I started the bike in the front if the house and it was crisp ran great did it twice after the complete rebuild. During the rebuild I never messed with the engine it was just yesterday I ran did down to the end of the block and it shut of with a bog

How long do it take for gas to go bad. The vpr is about 6 months old and the pump gas about 6 weeks. I started the bike in the front if the house and it was crisp ran great did it twice after the complete rebuild. During the rebuild I never messed with the engine it was just yesterday I ran did down to the end of the block and it shut of with a bog

I always thought fuel dosent go off, but I know with mowers/lawn implements it seems to make a big diffrence. Start with the simple stuff first.

Think this thread jinxed me. Went for a ride today only got up and down the drive before my bike died on me. Left my plug spanner at home ?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629899.478901.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629921.330391.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629940.831604.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381629982.563992.jpg

Here's my issue I bought this 2006 with a max power 167 kit installed the bike had about 10 hours on it owned by a 55 year old dentist. Bike is perfect... Endless to say I tore it all down and rebuilt it. Put a carb rebuild kit in it with a 420 and 37.5 main and pilot. I took it for its first spin today. I have started it before and everything was great but when I took it out today by the time I hit the end of my street the bike bogged and died like it was starving for gas. Yes gas was on and there's plenty in the tank. Iam running vpr and pump 50/50. When I rebuilt the carb I cleaned it out great but I was messing the the float bowl valve and hinge for the float. Weird thing is when I started the bike twice in my front year bike was crisp but to day It bogged and died at the end of the block them finally got it fired up to only bog and die again and again. What else could it be. Thanks

did a jet fall? I fully rebuilt a 06. Cr85 and redid the carb but just finger tightened the main jet and I ran it for 2 mins before it fell and the bike died.

Pump fuels could start to go bad as early as a month they say, but typically its 3-6 months. Race gas usually lasts longer, the Sunoco I run says its good for 2 years in a good sealed container. I'd think your gas would still be good, but you can drain your gas in a clean container. mix up a fresh gallon of pump fuel for testing purposes. That way you can rule out old fuel

I would take off the fuel line from tank and make sure its free flowing out of the gas tank. then I would check the vent line on gas cap (pull it off and see if you can blow through it, or in this case suck). After that I would have to check float level.

Edited by Mrbinkels