Title for out of state bike in Washington

By any chance do you have the MSO or COO? With notarized bill of sale paper trail? If not...

You will have file for a lost title. Past owners or lien holders will have claiming rights for a period of time. This is the only way. Don't tell them it is from out of state - just that the title is lost....

By any chance do you have the MSO or COO? With notarized bill of sale paper trail? If not...

You will have file for a lost title. Past owners or lien holders will have claiming rights for a period of time. This is the only way. Don't tell them it is from out of state - just that the title is lost....

Unfortunately not.  Guess I'll have to go the lost title route. 

Why not tell them it's from out of state?

ownership in doubt. WSP inspection. If pass you get to register and ORV tab it. Wait three years. Apply for title. Can sell again to others during interim provided you pass original WSP inspection. Need notarized bill of sale from each party when selling. Check NICB.org first to ensure VIN is clean prior to inspection. 

Edited by shrubitup

I didn't have to have my son's KX inspected. WA law specifically states that ORV's are exempt from inspection.

Didn't have to get it inspected for what?  To register it in your name and get tabs...no you don't need and inspection.  To get a lost title into your name where the original title owner is unknown....yes.

*I don't know about any of this "for sure".  Just the hoops they made me jump through at the time.