Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 E Manual Required

Good morning fellow DRZ'rs.  I am new to this forum but have followed it as a visitor in the past.  Just a quick question (for now!!)  I live in Tenerife and bought a DRZ 400 about a year ago, it seized solid on me about 4 months ago but due to other commitments I have only now got the time to strip it and find out what went wrong.  I raced KTM when living in Scotland and the 525 was an easy motor to strip and rebuild.  Yesterday I took all the top end off my DRZ and have found out that the big ends are the problem!  Looks like I will go with new Crank, piston Barrel etc etc.......

1st Question - Can someone please post a link or email me an e copy of the Haynes/Claymer manual for the rebuild?

2nd Question - Based on the fact I need a new Crank, Barrel, Piston etc.......who's is best??  I see on Ebay there are so many different suppliers ad makers??

Thanks for reading this guys and I hope to be able to join in more soon.......

Good morning fellow DRZ'rs. I am new to this forum but have followed it as a visitor in the past. Just a quick question (for now!!) I live in Tenerife and bought a DRZ 400 about a year ago, it seized solid on me about 4 months ago but due to other commitments I have only now got the time to strip it and find out what went wrong. I raced KTM when living in Scotland and the 525 was an easy motor to strip and rebuild. Yesterday I took all the top end off my DRZ and have found out that the big ends are the problem! Looks like I will go with new Crank, piston Barrel etc etc.......

1st Question - Can someone please post a link or email me an e copy of the Haynes/Claymer manual for the rebuild?

2nd Question - Based on the fact I need a new Crank, Barrel, Piston etc.......who's is best?? I see on Ebay there are so many different suppliers ad makers??

Thanks for reading this guys and I hope to be able to join in more soon.......

its very simple compare to a ktm motor. I brought a haynes manual off ebay for £35 what a waste of money. Didnt use it once. I would say for tool must have is a air compressor. Torque wrench erm case splitter.(rubber hammer) crank puller . Parts . Well this is what i would buy might aswell. Cylinder works 440 bore includes (new cylinder , piston , rings.) also the hot rods 4mm crank. , full gasket set. Cheapest off ebay . 2 litre oil + filter . Water . Obvs getting the head worked new valves etc. and two main bearings crank bearings that is ... Im 19 and rebuilt the whole motor about 3 months ago took me around a week maybe 2 hours a day due to work but i did it and its running strong so i have beleive that anyone could do it. Maybe not re valve though get a shop for that stuff ahah good luck buddy!
  • Like 2

Also when you get the old bearings out hit them with a socket , and when you put new ones in freeze the bearing in the freezer . And heat up around the case where the bearing sits and the bearing should slot right in

• Like 1

Also when you get the old bearings out hit them with a socket , and when you put new ones in freeze the bearing in the freezer . And heat up around the case where the bearing sits and the bearing should slot right in

Thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for the advice..... I am looking for the manual just in case, I have a fair bit of mechanical knowledge but just for a back up like torque setting, exploded views etc etc!  The only tool I dont have is the crank puller but Im sure will manage something!!  I will post up how things are going once I get back in about it! lol Thanks again

Thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for the advice..... I am looking for the manual just in case, I have a fair bit of mechanical knowledge but just for a back up like torque setting, exploded views etc etc! The only tool I dont have is the crank puller but Im sure will manage something!! I will post up how things are going once I get back in about it! lol Thanks again

just order one off ebay :) and crank puller urm well i suppose you could also use a rubber hammer and tap it in :) i did this with a yz few years ago... Worked fine but obvs not the correct way

Found out about this guy for manuals - ordered one - it arrived faster than promised, well packaged, and while I haven't seen the *factory* manuals in person I don't have any reason to doubt that this is one - certainly head and shoulders above any haynes manual I've had in the past (and I've had many LOL)

http://www.sell.com/247L53  Check em out

Rob

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for the advice..... I am looking for the manual just in case, I have a fair bit of mechanical knowledge but just for a back up like torque setting, exploded views etc etc! 

PM me if you're interested in a PDF version of the manual.

personaly i like the clymer manual -had a haynes one once and didnt really help much but it probably would do the trick, and if all u need is an exploded view check out www.bikebandit.com and select ur bike and it will give u a parts list and diagrams

good luck hope it goes well for u

Found out about this guy for manuals - ordered one - it arrived faster than promised, well packaged, and while I haven't seen the *factory* manuals in person I don't have any reason to doubt that this is one - certainly head and shoulders above any haynes manual I've had in the past (and I've had many LOL)

http://www.sell.com/247L53  Check em out

Rob

Link for the E model http://www.sell.com/247L52