2004 Fender replacement ?

Hi all
I bought this bike here :

16787849_d.jpg

I would love to replace the fesnder with some new designed ones, like lets say ones on the 2009 or 2013.

So my question is What fenders would fit on this bike that have newer design?

One other thing, what air filter can i buy to remove the stock filter housing ?
 K&N?

Thank you .

Edited by 700RR

Havnt heard anything about updated plastics fitting old models. And air filter housing, I take it your referring to removing your air box? Unless this is going to be a straight drag bike or super moto I wouldn't recommend it

k@n suck off road they let dust through really bad

A loud mouth intake is the greatest intake and performance part you can get for the price.

If you use a K&N off road, you will have valve problems next year...they let in larger particles than other filters.

Polisport makes good plastics.

Can't upgrade the rear but you can upgrade the front all the way to 2010, with some creative hole drilling....

IMG_2393_zps6605abaf.jpg

If you use a K&N off road, you will have valve problems next year...they let in larger particles than other filters.

Polisport makes good plastics.

Can't upgrade the rear but you can upgrade the front all the way to 2010, with some creative hole drilling....

Posted Image[/quote

Creative drilling in the radiator shrouds? Does it look decent?

Thanks for all repond

Yes the bike will be supermoto only!

But maybe i can put on a cone foam filter directly on the carburator instad of K&N and remove the housing.

Id love to get this 2009 plastic on, but i see the seat shape is some different, but if thats the only issue i can buy new seat as well.

Im thinking if this would fit the 04 fuel tank ? because it doesnt seem to do...but the difference isnt big

So what are my options ?

09_CRF450R_01_lr.jpg

Edited by 700RR

You need an air box if you ride off road.

And, without one, you will be very lean, and must compensate.

JUST GET A LOUD MOUTH INTAKE ALREADY

dont worry ill find out something about how to remove the stock filter box and use open filter

But i need help on that plastic fender upgrade.

dont worry ill find out something about how to remove the stock filter box and use open filter

But i need help on that plastic fender upgrade.

Just take the seat off, loosen the intake pipe before the carb and take the four subframe bolts out, wiggle it all out.. It's not too hard.. As far as plastics dude said you can get up to a 09, you just have to drill out the mounting bolts where they connect to the frame

I knwo how to remove the stock filter box , its already out , question is what filter i can use without stock house.

And how can u use 09 plastic if the seat is different as well as the fuel tank ?

I knwo how to remove the stock filter box , its already out , question is what filter i can use without stock house.

And how can u use 09 plastic if the seat is different as well as the fuel tank ?

Gotcha. Yeah no clue about the plastics. Since your doing the super moto thing I'd just grab some new plastics for a hundred bucks off eBay and sand and polish every bit of aluminum.. That's what I see the rest of them doing. As far as a filter I know a guy that has a drag crf and he used part of a car intake and cut it but then again he to moved the back shock.. Getting around that thing is the hard part. Hope you get somethin from all this. Goodluck

*removed the back shock

Any info on upgrading to 2009 fenders ? Possible or no ?

thanks

Any info on upgrading to 2009 fenders ? Possible or no ?

thanks

If you are getting rid of the air box then that might using a new plastic kit feasible. What I've read the issue is molding and cutting the side number plates to butt up to the air box.

Okay.

Fender yes.

Everything else.

Stop.

No.

No.

And no.

The front fender will work with 2 holes drilled in it.. my 09 uses 08 clamps.

You'll need an 09+ number plate also. Or it will just look stupid Qiu an ugly gap between the fender and plates.

The radiator shrouds.. no. You'd be lucky if the lower radiator bolt is the only one that lines up.

The airbox... Just stop there. The airbox on a crf has a built in velocity stack. Meaning no bellmouth at the carb... So goahead have fun looking race and gaining no, or loosing horsepower. Your ditching a tuned length velocity stack and large surface area filter for a pod filter and no kind of bellmouth at all.... Great choice.

The rear number plates wot work either. Won't line up with the airbox.

Good luck

_AARON

So only option is to put back 2004 side and rear fenders ? :(

Are there any cool after market fender kit for 2004 model  ?

Edited by 700RR

No just change them up I use a stock o4 UFO kit on my bike and changed the rear gard to white so it's sorts looks like newer crf with the coulor scram. And as said above to tune a crf to make same or more hp with no air box will be a real &%$#@!!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383316403.620122.jpg