Sign in to follow this  

My First Real Wipeout..

hey guys, picked up my 3 rmz450 about 12 days ago. we were at the pit and i came up the hill behind my buddy and didnt notice the lip/dirt mound and i was going too fast. i ended up with a broken collar bone. 5 minutes prior to my accident 2 friends of mine left the pit. they took the highway home and one of them ended up wiping out and breaking 2 ribs, his collar bone, and puncturing a lung. we are blessed! 
anyways, here's the footage from my buddy's cam. i left my mounts home so i wasnt recording. 
ps. my buddy is still in the hospital and has to be sent out for surgery i believe but he/we're okay! happy thanksgiving guys (canadian)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_lLU1SfZA

Edited by Aro

here's another view. start's at around 2:45 

Did you even have your helmet strapped on?

good point. i did not. awful foolish of me, my late girlfriend a few years back died in a snowmobile accident because hers wasn't strapped on.

I guess all I can say consider a broken collar bone a blessing....

But definitely a fooling move on your part....

very true. i will play safer next time. look like im in the market for a new helmet anyways. as you can see the bike landed on my helmet, and trapped me under the number plate. i was so dazed and confused i just hauled myself out of it so that i knew what was going on. i probably would have panicked if i was stuck under it. but, never again will i go unstrapped!

good point. i did not. awful foolish of me, my late girlfriend a few years back died in a snowmobile accident because hers wasn't strapped on.

helmets save life's, if it's not strapped on then why wear one ?
  • Like 2

helmets save life's, if it's not strapped on then why wear one ?

we know this. I just said I made a mistake and I'm lucky I didn't pay for it. next time I will be twice and likely to think about what in doing.

why beat a dead horse ?

we know this. I just said I made a mistake and I'm lucky I didn't pay for it. next time I will be twice and likely to think about what in doing.

why beat a dead horse ?

if you don't realize it's important you won't strap it.. So the more people who mention it, the more you'll realize it's important.

if you don't realize it's important you won't strap it.. So the more people who mention it, the more you'll realize it's important.

excuse me? if I just said I'm going to strap it. then I'm going to strap it. who the &%$#@! are you to tell me I'm no going to strap up after I just &%$#@!ing said I was going to?? okay dad.....
  • Like 2

excuse me? if I just said I'm going to strap it. then I'm going to strap it. who the &%$#@! are you to tell me I'm no going to strap up after I just &%$#@!ing said I was going to?? okay dad.....

change your tampon and calm down. Every person I've ever met including myself say well do stuff, but never so unless it gets into our heads enough that it's of importance

change your tampon and calm down. Every person I've ever met including myself say well do stuff, but never so unless it gets into our heads enough that it's of importance

but the thing is I've never once said id strap up my helmet. I usually don't for the sole purpose of easy to get on / off. I said it was a mistake, and I was going to change it. I do not appreciate some random trying to read my mind and tell me I'm not going to do something. it doesn't make any sense in the world.

but the thing is I've never once said id strap up my helmet. I usually don't for the sole purpose of easy to get on / off. I said it was a mistake, and I was going to change it. I do not appreciate some random trying to read my mind and tell me I'm not going to do something. it doesn't make any sense in the world.

all I said was if it's not strapped in its useless? Chill.

Live and learn eh. Glad your ok, looked pretty nasty

Hey Aro  strap your helmet from now on !!!!

• Like 1

Live and learn eh. Glad your ok, looked pretty nasty

thanks man. it was pretty brutal. definitely not what I expected.

dam that was brutal the camera man knew that was bad He just dumped his bike and ran to help ouch

yeah man I got some real good friends I'll tell you that!! he didn't give a shit as soon as I met the earth he just dropped it and ran! that's awesome if you ask me

all I said was if it's not strapped in its useless? Chill.

you're right. I'm sorry.

Be patient in letting your collar bone heel, just when you think this is never gonna heel right it turns out to be as good as new or as before. I broke mine 1 year ago.

• Like 1

Be patient in letting your collar bone heel, just when you think this is never gonna heel right it turns out to be as good as new or as before. I broke mine 1 year ago.

thank you sir! it's pretty brutal. the bone is sticking up and looks like it is almost coming through my skin. I don't wear a sling but I wear these two straps that go over my shoulders like a bookbag. how long did it take you to heal? I don't plan on doing very much other than just lying down and recovering. I probably will not even try and drive my car for a week or two