Sign in to follow this  

New (to me) KLX400R

Here is my new toy.Got a great deal on it, 2100 bucks. Its a 2003 very low miles(468).Got it from an older guy who lost foot six years ago.He could not ride it any more and wanted to sell it so it would not rot away in his shed.I added the skid plate,hand guards and radiator gaurds. It also needed a battery,but it runs great now!

343.JPG      tried to attach picture last time but it did not work.Maybe this will.

• Like 4

The rad.  guards are devol,they are nice but it took a little cutting of green tank shrouds to get them to fit. The skid plate is a DRZ thumpertalk special.It is worth every penny! I would recomend it to every one going off road.Next thing is to get the case savers and MCCT.

I see that the KLX400 forums is actually a redirecting link to the DRZ400 forum.

oh well, same bike anyway, even though I really dont understand whats up with that..

Oh and... Congratulations :)

Totally badass, nice find! Now if only a similar deal would pop up in my area...

Thanks, for all the great comments.I am very happy with the bike. Ummm, that picture was taken mid- sept. maybe then it could of been a collectors item( if i stashed it for another 20 years).But the truth is it's not so perfect now, I have the coal hills of Treverton to thank for that! But I bought it to ride and ride it I will.

Here is my new toy.Got a great deal on it, 2100 bucks. Its a 2003 very low miles(468).Got it from an older guy who lost foot six years ago.He could not ride it any more and wanted to sell it so it would not rot away in his shed.I added the skid plate,hand guards and radiator gaurds. It also needed a battery,but it runs great now!

man that's a great find. congrats on a fun bike that came with the RIGHT WHEELS for fun. 

pssst, the klx is faster too ;-)

• Like 1

Congrats! I actually got a very similar deal about 4 years ago. I found a 03 klx400srfor $2800 that had 1200miles on it. After a little research, mostly on this site, I found that our bike is the exact same as the 03drz400. There seem to be advantages and disadvantages.