Carb question

Been away for several months. Put some seafoam in the tank and started up the bike. Fuel started coming out of a hose I believe is a vent hose? See pic below. Ideas what is going on? Thanks!!

carb_zps4e437309.jpg

Been away for several months. Put some seafoam in the tank and started up the bike. Fuel started coming out of a hose I believe is a vent hose? See pic below. Ideas what is going on? Thanks!!

Posted Image

clean carb , check float

clean carb , check float

I am really trying to avoid having to pull the carb out, it is a bitch to do. That is why I was running some sea foam through it. Any other ideas?

ok then dont pull the carb just keep dumping sea foam in it and hope for the best... im no expert but in most carb problem cases the first thing to do would be pull it and clean it... thats just the most basic common sense thing to do with carb problems... not going to solve many problems if your not willing to take it apart and work on it... but thats just my opinion...

I am really trying to avoid having to pull the carb out, it is a bitch to do. That is why I was running some sea foam through it. Any other ideas?

nope just pull the carb? I can pull mine you just have to get jiggeh with it

Could just tap the float section of the carb with the plastic  end of a screwdriver a few times to release the float valve. Sometimes....  it will work.

Tony

Could just tap the float section of the carb with the plastic end of a screwdriver a few times to release the float valve. Sometimes.... it will work.

Tony

yea try this first, it might just be the float jet got jamed when trying to close Edited by mickeydee

Could just tap the float section of the carb with the plastic end of a screwdriver a few times to release the float valve. Sometimes.... it will work.

Tony

yea try this first, it might just be the float jet got jamed when trying to close

Could just tap the float section of the carb with the plastic  end of a screwdriver a few times to release the float valve. Sometimes....  it will work.

Tony

Yeah tried this a few times, didn't work....thinking its an o ring.....guess I gotta dig into it, sucks!

Are you seeing gas at the carb slide with the petcock on? It sure looks like a re and re is called for....sorry!

Are you seeing gas at the carb slide with the petcock on? It sure looks like a re and re is called for....sorry!

??? Gas is coming out of vent hose.....don't understand your comment

i pulled my carb for the first time today... really wasnt as bad as what i was expecting after what everyone here says about it! hell i had more trouble putting it back in than i did taking it out... but at the same time still not that bad!

??? Gas is coming out of vent hose.....don't understand your comment

I'm wondering if the carb is also flooding internally....in the venturi. One quick and easy way to determine this is to remove the air filter and see if there is raw gas present . Of course you must be careful to not have any source of ignition.

I'm suspicious of the O-ring as well. There are a few tricks to getting the carb in and out, you might want to do a search to save your knuckles and neighbors from hearing a few new cussin's

Nothing by the air filter.....I have had it out before, it is just a bitch getting out from between the 2 boots, once out it took me 5 mins to clean it up and then putting it back was way easier then getting it out. Just hate removing stuff too. At this point it looks like I have no choice now. Going to pick up some o rings and a fuel filter.

You should do an oil change,  since when gas comes out of that breather hole it could have gotten into the engine as well. Happened to me a couple of times. It seems that the mikuni doesn't have a gas drain in some countries because of environmental concerns. But it's ok to drive huge SUVs.