Sign in to follow this  

250l

I heard an annoying sound coming from the back of my bike and it turned out to be my wife ! :lol:  

• Like 7

Have 2013 crf250l engine noise when at steady speeds any info

Can you give a better description? Hi pitch, low, whine, rattle all the time or sometimes. I am going for a ride and will listen carefully to mine. I can hardly hear the engine at all (exhaust wise) To me the bike sounds almost like an ebike. Maybe you need a louder exhaust. (humor)

Idle sounds good when you roll on it it sounds good when you cruise the engine has a rattle is it just a noisy engine

Check the lifter adjustment on right rear of block, mine broke at about 2000km, never knew,  always thought it was valves or?? A good mech knew right away what is was. $ 18 part here in thai, probably $200 elsewhere!!!!!

Easy fix and makes the engine soooo quiet!

If it happens when u decelerate by turning dow ur throttle...it could be your chain against your engine protection. Just open tge chain guard plastic to inspect any anomaly there. Then if the culprit is so just adjust chain to proper slack.

It only happens when cruising at a steady speed either it's just a noisy engine like a rattle no noises at idle or roll on

Check the lifter adjustment on right rear of block, mine broke at about 2000km, never knew,  always thought it was valves or?? A good mech knew right away what is was. $ 18 part here in thai, probably $200 elsewhere!!!!!

Easy fix and makes the engine soooo quiet!

Do you mean timing chain tensioner?

Do you mean timing chain tensioner?

maybe thats it, but when I loked in the parts book, it said lifter assembly adjuster, but anouthe rmech said chain tensioner

But that was the thing, it broke, and I always thought it was a valve or chain thing

Easy fix, not expensive (here!), now very smooth and quiet-and they said valves are ok, but will take in to check next week, it does have 16Km on the bike-peace of mind dont ya know!

Just saying, things to be aware of!

• Like 1

Bike is all stock only 100 miles on it everything is tight I did see one ad that said small engine makes a lot of power and rattles normal I have owed a lot of Hondas never heard this sound on a 4 stroke

• Like 1

I'd complain to my Dealer that sold it to you and don't take "It's normal" for a correct answer if it was my bike-- :ride: :ride:

• Like 1