Big dreams

Hey there the names chandler hodge I'm new to thumper talk as well as the racing seen I'm a talented rider and I believe with the right guidance me direction I could go big places in the motocross scene. Racing has been a dream of mine as long as I can remember, although due to finance issues and other reasons I could not pursue this dream until now. I'm 19 years old and prolly in the best athletic condition in my life and each day my skills on a bike are growing and improving I know I have a long way to go to catch up with the other riders that have been doing it since they were kids but I have drive a thing that I believe means more than experience. Anyways long story short I wanted to know what are some of the things I need to do and who are the people I need to talk to to get my career started. Please respond and thanks for your time

My best advice, don't local at racing a dirt bike as a career!

And go to school. You need to learn to spell and use proper punctuation. Honestly, it's embarrassing when I read shit like that..... How would you even be able to read or write up a proper contract?

Professionalism goes a lot father then results in this world....

Edited by originalmonk
  • Like 3

My best advice, don't local at racing a dirt bike as a career!

And go to school. You need to learn to spell and use proper punctuation. Honestly, it's embarrassing when I read shit like that..... How would you even be able to read or write up a proper contract?

Professionalism goes a lot father then results in this world....

^than results.

• Like 11

i thought for sure this was another js7 thread.  thats all he has left!  

really if you don't know how to do it at this age then let it go.  look into a diff career this one has passed you by.  not being an ass here.  you can't make it at 19 unless you are insane talented and a freak of nature.  now don't stop riding, its a fun sport to play.  

• Like 4

Mr. Hodge, you will have to sell a left kidney and possibly a right nut to make it without massive talent, good connections and a helluva lot of $$$$$. Most of the talent making it into the pros now-a-days are these moto-kids that started racing at the age of 5 and have parents with money or sold everything they have to keep their kids racing. Making it to the big show is nothing like it was even in the 90s'. You will need to run a few Loretta's or other National amateur races and beat the shit out of some other fast A boys to really be noticed.  Good luck because you'll need every bit you can muster.

Edited by BBA
  • Like 2

I have drive a thing that I believe means more than experience.

What about the thousands of kids out there with drive AND experience?

You need results before you van talk to anyone about getting your "career" started. Do some local races, get enough point to move into the A class and you will have a better idea of how to proceed from there.

At your age and experience I highly recommend taking monks advice. "Drive" is only a small piece of the puzzle.

Another one? Word must be spreading amongst would be racers that the wisdom dispensed here in Pro can take average riders over the top and get them those fat factory contracts. We're famous guys!

Now to Mr. Hodge, we have spent countless years aquiring the knowledge we have and don't give it out easily or cheaply. Sure, we can get you where you want to go, but like BBA said, it will cost you dearly. I, however, am feeling generous and will take you under my wing for half of what I would normally charge. Send a video of you riding so I can analyze your skills and weaknesses, include a check for $5,000 and I will gladly provide the feedback necessary to get you going on the right path.

Or you can spend a week with BBA in his basement and learn the motivation of the hose. It pushed a kid named Mikey to several wins this year. You never talk about what happens there though...

Edited by wes513v
  • Like 9

well you have one point of view. the give it up point. to go pro the answer is not set in stone. nobodys amateur career was the same. race all around the country. ride every chance you get. train. be determined. thats what they all have in common. oh and do well at lorettas.

• Like 1

Or you can spend a week with BBA in his basement and learn the motivation of the hose. It pushed a kid named Mikey to several wins this year. You never talk about what happens there though...

But Wes, my training methods work! Now some may say that I turn young hearted boys into flaming crying fags with my program but you have to look no further than what I did with Mikey and how he started winning his class in every race he entered ............now some may wonder why Mikey is not on here any longer so I'll go a head and tell you that he started doubting my technics and I may have beat him a little too hard with the hose so he's not thinking clearly these days as he once did. :devil:

• Like 5

Mr. Hodge, you will have to sell a left kidney and possibly a right nut to make it without massive talent, good connections and a helluva lot of $$$$$. Most of the talent making it into the pros now-a-days are these moto-kids that started racing at the age of 5 and have parents with money or sold everything they have to keep their kids racing. Making it to the big show is nothing like it was even in the 90s'. You will need to run a few Loretta's or other National amateur races and beat the shit out of some other fast A boys to really be noticed.  Good luck because you'll need every bit you can muster.

Plus one on the Kidney

Every ones leaving out one important factor, have to have somewhat of a clue

Yah .. Whenever someone decides they can succeed at a career , one way to put the idea into perspective when the goal is unrealistic , just mention the need to donate a kidney .

This usually means it's time to choose another " career " .

• Like 1

Go watch your local pros and take some lap times then go out and time yourself. Be prepared for a huge wakeup call. 

+1. The bad part is a lot of those fast as hell local Pro's can not even qualify at a National MX race.

• Like 1