Crashed - buying a new muffler

Hi

Crashed my good old DRZ400 and need (want) to buy a new quiet muffler.

Hows the FMF Q4 - and do I need to re-jet the bike with a new muffler on?

Thanks

The Q4 is ok

What is your jetting now ?

I have a full FMF for sale. Power bomb header with Q4 can. I just took it off on Monday. Reason I bought the mrd SSW. If you are interested I could send you pictures.

Hi

Crashed my good old DRZ400 and need (want) to buy a new quiet muffler.

Hows the FMF Q4 - and do I need to re-jet the bike with a new muffler on?

Thanks

A jet kit will improve a stock bike, so with a more free flowing pipe ,yes a re jet will be a positive ..

I prefer the JD jet kit...JD Jetting Jet Kit S/SM 

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Ok, send me pictures of the q4 muffler and what you want for it (motoxleo att hotmail.com)

I think the fmf q4 is rubbish. Depending on how much he wants for it i would go towards the mrd/sww. Saying that i currently use the powercore4 whats sound nicer than the Q4 but its all about the header pipes.

I think the fmf q4 is rubbish. Depending on how much he wants for it i would go towards the mrd/sww. Saying that i currently use the powercore4 whats sound nicer than the Q4 but its all about the header pipes.

Like the Iceman is after a quiet pipe mate.....

+1

No such thing as a quite pipe on a 4 stroke is comes with noise haha

No such thing as a quite pipe on a 4 stroke is comes with noise haha

:bonk:

DRZ driving is here :ride: .... Lol

Edited by backyard hack

who?

You say the Q4 is rubbish - why so?

I believe he deleted his profile after failing to produce pics of the kool-aid he supposedly drank.

Man that was good entertainment. smileyvault-popcorn.gif

it doesnt give no hp gains.... Or very little. I would get the mrd/ ssw with the quite insert :)

Thx for the advice - Im looking into it

I ask that as well...It's a pipe that serves a purpose, ...to me calling the pipe rubbish is bordering on feral primitive thinking...

it's true that the ssw/mrd will deliver superior performance but will come at the cost of lots more noise than the Q4...

Buying a race pipe and then putting a cork in it only makes sense if you mostly ride with out the insert and occasionally require some quieter running... even with the insert the SSW/MRD will be louder than the Q4...

Quietness comes at the price of less performance , but some require quieter bikes...that's life

Edited by Craigo 485sm

I personally do not care for the q4 either I know it's one of the quieter pipes but I just wasn't impressed with the sound or build quality but it was also on a klx250 . It also felt kind of heavy to me but just my 2cents

Also my buddy had a standard mrd exhaust on his drz sounded good was loud but not deafening

Mrd has a crash warranty too. I don't know of any company that does that...