2001 Honda CR250R performance upgrades?

So I have a  2001 honda cr250 and its pretty much stock besides an FMF Gnarly pipe and power core 2 silencer. I'm the type of person that loves to upgrade things. I am very mechanically inclined and I dont race the bike. I want to make this bike haul ass. What are some upgrades I could do? 

Mill the cylinder base, swap the tmx for a pwk, port and polish.

that bike is plenty fast in stock form, it just needs to be jetted a hell of a long away from the stock setup...

I can easily ride wheelies in 5th on mine and just won my class in a hare scramble this last weekend I'm running a 410 main and a 32 piolet...my bike starts and idles well and runs clean the the whole rpm range...I'm also at 5000 ft above sea lvl

i dont really know hat you need to do with this motor other than just watch your chain and tires.

I have milled 0.5mm i think of the head and adjusted the squich to 0.8mm and a full HGS-system and a radvalve . I run 380 for main and 27 for pilot 80m o.sea and it runs like hell!

Just need to revalve the suspension

Just installed the jd jetting kit on my 01 250 and it made everything nice and crisp. I am going to install a pipe, reeds, and a few other things but I dont really see many people needing much more then that and being able to use it all unless you were racing.

Edited by izcain

Mine is basically stock except for the upgrade PWK and Pro pipe  and it is pretty great.

If you really want a bike to tinker and improve then buy one that didnt start out quite so good

For me the best thing I could do to improve my bike is learn to ride it better.

I can easily ride wheelies in 5th on mine and just won my class in a hare scramble this last weekend I'm running a 410 main and a 32 piolet...my bike starts and idles well and runs clean the the whole rpm range...I'm also at 5000 ft above sea lvl

you and murf208 must be brothers or you are murf208. put a radvalve on and it stands right up 5th gear now  :lol:  . vid or it didnt happen. no sittin on the fender either       http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/962389-pulse-jet-induction-supposedly-adds-exponential-torque-that-our-2-strokes-lack/page-5

Ok its a 45 plus HP bike that weighs about 220 pounds why wouldn't out pull wheelies in 5th...I have the v force reed system sst pipe q tech silencer and a 10oz flywheel weight and a well jetted carb...why be a hater I'm a 43 year old man with no need to lie on a forum to get approval hahaha

The 01 oem porting specs were geared towards topend power & lacked lowend power.  I used a cometic 10thous. base gasket & had a local engine tuner epoxy the ports & also shave 20thous. off the head.  It helped get some power in lower the part of the rpms at the trade off of some slight loss up top.  It was a useable powerband that helped coming out of corners in 3rd gear with less clutch work.   

Ok its a 45 plus HP bike that weighs about 220 pounds why wouldn't out pull wheelies in 5th...I have the v force reed system sst pipe q tech silencer and a 10oz flywheel weight and a well jetted carb...why be a hater I'm a 43 year old man with no need to lie on a forum to get approval hahaha

because @ 5000ft, that 45hp bike is ~ a 38hp bike.

thats 125 territory @ sea level...

still a crap-ton more torque than a 125, every single 250cc two-stroke mx bike I've ever ridden would wheelie in all gears, just tug on the bars and up it goes.

So I have a  2001 honda cr250 and its pretty much stock besides an FMF Gnarly pipe and power core 2 silencer. I'm the type of person that loves to upgrade things. I am very mechanically inclined and I dont race the bike. I want to make this bike haul ass. What are some upgrades I could do?

Put the stock pipe back on........the bike with the stock pipe rips!

Ok so I must be just lying then I'm so busted hahaha Sheesh

still a crap-ton more torque than a 125, every single 250cc two-stroke mx bike I've ever ridden would wheelie in all gears, just tug on the bars and up it goes.

i have not ridden a single mx based 250 2 stroke or 450 4 stroke that will wheelie in 5th gear without help...not at sea level and certainly not at 5000ft.

Edited by mynewcr250

i have not ridden a single mx based 250 2 stroke or 450 4 stroke that will wheelie in 5th gear without help...not at sea level and certainly not at 5000ft.

as I clearly wrote if you just bothered to read it all : just tug on the bars and up it goes.

nobody was talking about power-wheelies.

Maybe you need help jetting your bike?...I never mentioned power wheelies either,I takes a weight shift or a slight tug on the bars but I don't have to sit on the fender to do it

How do I find out the best jetting for my bike? Im going to do a compression test and probably a v force reed setup.

Then you havent owned a 92 yz250.