Sign in to follow this  

EPIC bike choice

Hello everyone I am in kind of a struggle at the moment. My bike that i just bought (2002 ktm 125sx) is not for me. should i get a yz250f? I found one that looks sic but it needs a bottom end. Is it right for me. Im 5'5

Hello everyone I am in kind of a struggle at the moment. My bike that i just bought (2002 ktm 125sx) is not for me. should i get a yz250f? I found one that looks sic but it needs a bottom end. Is it right for me. Im 5'5

okay so your 5'5? That's all we know about you ? How old are you? How much do you weigh? Are you experienced? Do you race or trail ride? And why was the Ktm not for you?

im 14 i weight 95lbs. I am fairly experienced i would do both mx and trail, and the ktm is too much of a money pit.

and you think a four stroke is gunna be less of a money pit you kindly mistaken

If you think the 125 is a money pit I would avoid any used 4stroke. I don't know why you are looking at a yz250f that needs a bottom end rebuilt. That will cost you between 1000 and 3000 dollars. Most used bikes need some money put into them, the trick is to be careful when you are looking at a bike for sale and buy it for the right price. 

If you think the 125 is a money pit I would avoid any used 4stroke. I don't know why you are looking at a yz250f that needs a bottom end rebuilt. That will cost you between 1000 and 3000 dollars. Most used bikes need some money put into them, the trick is to be careful when you are looking at a bike for sale and buy it for the right price.

+1

• Like 1

I'm 5"6 and the kx100 is too small. Four stroke repairs cost way more than two stroke repairs. Four strokes are also generally more complicated than two strokes. If you want a less expensive bike I'd go with a yz125 or kx125(those are mainly what I'm looking for as well). The kxs are bulletproof, and there are hundreds of yz125s for sale. If you think the two stroke is a money pit, PLEASE, do yourself a favour and stay away from old four strokes

Please just find an operational bike, I'd stay away from anything that might need repairs, unless you're ready to potentially spend more than its worth to fix.

Any 125 2 stroke is probably the best choice but they pretty much all cost the same to maintain. It's 1 thing that is a given when it comes to dirtbikes and that is you will have to spend money on repairs at some point.

New top and bottom end. New suspension, sprockets, handlebars, rims, tires, fork seals, swingarm, graphic kit, grips, cables, seat, pretty much the whole bike!

All of these things minus maybe the swingarm are consumables that you will have to replace regardless of which bike you pick. This isn't a budget sport.

• Like 1

I understand that but when I bought it said "only needs a carb clean" GUESS NOT. I planned on riding in the stock class anyways.

did you check the bike over when you bought it? If you would of looked it over you could of known it needed more then that. Can't beleive what anyone says about these things!