Sign in to follow this  

Help my yz wont run

I while a ago i traded my 1986 kdx80 for a 1987 yz80. The guy who i traded with told me that it only needed a top end. Long story short he &%$#@!ed me over i put all new bearings and seals in the bottom end full top end from wiseco, a bunch of parts in the traansmition. Now i kick it over and the thing will start after like 10 kicks but will run like a 4 stroke for like three seconds and die. it has spark and stuff i cleaned the carb i don't know what the hells wrong with it. I thought it might be the timing idk. please someone tell me some good news been waitin to ride for 6 months

If bottom/top end is fresh the problem should be fairly simple. I would start with carb tuning. What does your plug look like after you get it running? Jetting would be the first thing I would guess, a fresh rebuild can absolutely change things. Also the reed valve should be checked as well. I would bet my money on one of those two things. If not it may be a spark/timing issue.

Carb needs cleaning, reset float height

Edited by ickfinger

I while a ago i traded my 1986 kdx80 for a 1987 yz80. The guy who i traded with told me that it only needed a top end. Long story short he &%$#@!ed me over i put all new bearings and seals in the bottom end full top end from wiseco, a bunch of parts in the traansmition. Now i kick it over and the thing will start after like 10 kicks but will run like a 4 stroke for like three seconds and die. it has spark and stuff i cleaned the carb i don't know what the hells wrong with it. I thought it might be the timing idk. please someone tell me some good news been waitin to ride for 6 months

did you put the keyway into the crank ?