Crf100 vs Ttr 125?

What bike is better for a beginner? I heard If I get the crf 100 I can make it faster than the 125 when I become more experienced. By the way I am 130lbs and 5 foot 4. I only have had an automatic minibike before this. Thanks! Also what mods make the crf 100 faster?

I'd say the crf 100 Hondas are a better bike in the first place plus honda has more aftermarket parts for their models instead of Yamaha. To make the bike faster I would suggest putting a after market exhuast new airlifted and jet the carb so the fuel air ratio is correct

Both bikes are just fine for the beginner

Thanks.

Crf100 all the way, ttr125's are kinda junk in my opinion. Plus the exhaust is on the wrong side lol

I have LOTS of experience on both bikes, when I began racing pitbikes I had both a modded XR100(exact same as crf, just changed the name) and a modded TTR. I also had a bone stock XR. The mods I had done for the xr included a 120big bore kit, a cam, cr85 suspension, fmf pipe, k&n air filter with bent holes, then I had talon hubs with excell rims and Renthal twinwalls bars,yada yada. The mods that were done to the TTR included a high comp piston (for the pitbike class I raced we weren't alloud over 125cc ) had yz 85. Suspension, a cam, a full fmf pipe, then wheels, bars, all that. The modded xr was a 2002 the stock xr was a 2001 the modded ttr was a 2004.the stock xr would keep up with the ttr till last gear, when the ttr BARELY pulled ahead. The modded XR are the TTR alive in every aspect ! I'll always vote for the XR or CRF.

I have LOTS of experience on both bikes, when I began racing pitbikes I had both a modded XR100(exact same as crf, just changed the name) and a modded TTR. I also had a bone stock XR. The mods I had done for the xr included a 120big bore kit, a cam, cr85 suspension, fmf pipe, k&n air filter with bent holes, then I had talon hubs with excell rims and Renthal twinwalls bars,yada yada. The mods that were done to the TTR included a high comp piston (for the pitbike class I raced we weren't alloud over 125cc ) had yz 85. Suspension, a cam, a full fmf pipe, then wheels, bars, all that. The modded xr was a 2002 the stock xr was a 2001 the modded ttr was a 2004.the stock xr would keep up with the ttr till last gear, when the ttr BARELY pulled ahead. The modded XR are the TTR alive in every aspect ! I'll always vote for the XR or CRF.

Well I think I'll get the crf/xr 100. Thanks everyone!

Well I think I'll get the crf/xr 100. Thanks everyone!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed !

Good choice!!

love mine