Crf250r Won't start?

I had a long day riding at haspin acres today with a few buddies. I killed my bike to take a lil break in the trails and it never would start back up. I have no idea what happened! The bike does have a Rekluse, so that keeps it from stalling out, I got back home(hour and a half drive). It never started when I got back home either. Any idea??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need compression , spark and fuel. Check all of these and you will find the problem. If the bikes has lots of hours on it 

I would say its ready for a top end rebuild. If the valves are starting to move there is very little time left in the top end . Sell it or rebuild it.

The bike was rebuilt at the end of November last year, never raced. There's no way I need a rebuild at this time. I also have another bike that I ride more and race it.

I would still check the valve clearance... It's so easy and such a common problem

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my head back, I sent it off to FinishLine Engines and he replaced all four of my valves, shimmed them and replaced seats (had everything done). Got my bike all back together... New plug, new valves, in time, gaskets, has compression. The bike will not start? It is trying to fire but it just won't start. If anyone has any idea just say something...? Thanks

It's hard to do it that way, you need to remove the left-side case plug and use the marks on the flywheel to verify TDC then check the cam sprocket marks. I think the explanation on how to do this is at the top of the forum in the "stickies" or maybe the CRF450R forum, same principle. When rotating the motor you use the second hash mark as TDC vs the notch in the case. Very simple.

What are the valve clearances?

Edited by Eddie8v