Sign in to follow this  

KX100 Power valve lever

The manual shows a removable screw at the top of the PV lever. Check the pic please and tell me what you think. Is this something a previous owner jacked up? The top of the screw is all smoothed over. There are no screwdriver slots. I can't remove the right side cover without removing this. Sorry the pic isn't that great but you get the idea.

001.JPG

Look in the cylinder where that linkage arm attaches to the power valve for a screw.

Where it attaches at the cylinder is just an e ring(G on the pic). That I already removed. The screw is ( B ). The cover will not come off until I remove that screw and slide the shaft out of the side cover. At least that's what the manual claims. I have all the screws out of the right side cover. The cover is loose but something is still stopping it from coming off. I'm guessing it's that. They show the screw as a phillips head in the schematic which is clearly not what I have.

•Remove the KIPS cover from the cylinder right side.

•Remove the E ring [G].

•Remove the lever assy mounting screw , washer [C],

lever assy [D], collar [E], and spring [F] from the lever shaft

[A].

kx.png

Edited by TJ99

Don't worry about it. In 06, they installed a new shaft that had a screw in the top. The older ones were welded. The dimensiones were the same ad there is no difference. Just be happy you have the welded one. The type with a screw sucks. When I started building on my sons I got a welded style and measured and compared each. I used the welded one.

The screw will either rattle loose or break if you try to remove it because you have to loctite it to keep it tight. Big mistake on Kawis part doing this.

Don't worry about it. In 06, they installed a new shaft that had a screw in the top. The older ones were welded. The dimensiones were the same ad there is no difference. Just be happy you have the welded one. The type with a screw sucks. When I started building on my sons I got a welded style and measured and compared each. I used the welded one.

The screw will either rattle loose or break if you try to remove it because you have to loctite it to keep it tight. Big mistake on Kawis part doing this.

Should the right side engine cover come off without me having to remove the shaft? Something seems to be stopping the cover from pulling completely off.