Sign in to follow this  

New bars?

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and also new to the Supermoto scene! I just bought an 06 DRZ400SM and absolutely love it! But would like to do some upgrades stating with bars but not sure which or how to do it seen a lot of stuff saying you need an adapter? Any help is greatly apreciated! Second I was looking at the MRD SSW exhaust any info on this?

Thanks in advance

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have been looking at some new bars too, I think I'm going with the pro taper se cr high bend bars. I have the MRD/SSW and it's amazing but loud as hell, I've got a silencer coming for it hopefully it quiets it down a bit.

I have been looking at some new bars too, I think I'm going with the pro taper se cr high bend bars. 

I have those bars, though not on a DRZ. I like them, but will be giving the S/E CR Low bars a try in the future.

I have been looking at some new bars too, I think I'm going with the pro taper se cr high bend bars. I have the MRD/SSW and it's amazing but loud as hell, I've got a silencer coming for it hopefully it quiets it down a bit.

Do you know if they are a direct bolt on upgrade or do you need an adapter such as the zeta one?

So I read some more and it looks like you only need a different bar clamp if you go with 1-1/8th bars? Correct? Also anybody every use Zeta rubber killers?

I use the rubber killers, they made a noticeable improvement at the track, you do feel more vibration in your hands.

I use rubber killers on both bikes. And I put big bars on my 06. I bought a bar clamp set from a guy that makes them for like $80...

I've been debating going the rubber killer route. What does it feel like on the street? Did you put weighted inserts in the bars to compensate for the vibes?

I got a job 10min. away from Motostrano. Going to be picking up some bling to go with the bang!

I've been debating going the rubber killer route. What does it feel like on the street? Did you put weighted inserts in the bars to compensate for the vibes?

I got a job 10min. away from Motostrano. Going to be picking up some bling to go with the bang!

nah. the vibration isnt THAT bad. i only noticed that it feels a little more solid. Not a lot different though. but for $17 i decided to eliminate the chance of my bars twisting if it falls.

side note for the other guy that wants to upgrade mounts. when i switched to the new mount it used bigger bolts and i had to drill out the rubber killers since i got the suzuki ones. i think the kawasaki ones will work without drilling if you have the bigger bolts...

Nice looking bike,  congrats,,   the MRD/SSW is THE exhaust to get for the DRZ,   you can also get it in a ''shorty'' model,  which is 12'' compared to the stock 14'',  just sticks out less,  looks cleaner,  its loud but great.

order it directly from Dave over at MRD,  good guy. 

is the bike jetted with the 3X3 mod allready?

Nice looking bike, congrats,, the MRD/SSW is THE exhaust to get for the DRZ, you can also get it in a ''shorty'' model, which is 12'' compared to the stock 14'', just sticks out less, looks cleaner, its loud but great.

order it directly from Dave over at MRD, good guy.

is the bike jetted with the 3X3 mod allready?

It's not and now I'm thinking this one will end up staying pretty stock! Because I have the black one now also that I'm gonna mod!!!