best value for a new batterry ?

My battery went dead today, it was a oem yuasa battery, lasted 4 years. should i go with the oem battery, 115$  are the less expensive ones just as good? i would appreciate all input on batterys, My bike is a 230 L honda

My battery went dead today, it was a oem yuasa battery, lasted 4 years. should i go with the oem battery, 115$ are the less expensive ones just as good? i would appreciate all input on batterys, My bike is a 230 L honda

the cheaper ones are just as good. And don't buy a new battry cuz it went dead.. Recharge that SOB'

My battery went dead today, it was a oem yuasa battery, lasted 4 years. should i go with the oem battery, 115$  are the less expensive ones just as good? i would appreciate all input on batterys, My bike is a 230 L honda

If you go with one of the new Lithium ion batteries, you will shed 2-3 pounds high up on your bike . They also have about 2-3 times the Cold cranking amps and amp hour capacity of a yuasa oem lead battery. I have a Shorai LFX14L2-BS12 and now an Antigravity 12 cell. I Had no probs with the 2 Shorai's i've owned , Antigravity now makes one that has about 40% more capacity and will fit my bike ...but it's $200   Only reason I want more capacity is I run grip heaters and a big headlight for snow riding in winter.

I've never understood battery failure, and would like to be educated. perhaps I should start a new thread. I have never bought a battery for a vehicle acquired new, and on used vehicles usually replace the battery soon after purchase, but never again. Current rides with original batteries, 2003 Z1000,61k, 2007 KLR650,13k, 2003 Dakota,97k, 2007 Forester, 86k. I make it a point to drive/ride all at least 40 miles once a month. No chargers, etc. I'm also poor but not awful at checking fluid level.

Mike

Look on ebay.  You can get a Lithium battery for your bike for $92, gel for $64 or lead acid for $25.  Lithium is much lighter but if you let them discharge below 6 volts they're trashed.  Also best to have a balance charger designed for that battery.  Found this out the hard way.  

Avoid buying any bike or car batteries at Malwart, they will crap out after 3 years, guaranteed. 

If you go with one of the new Lithium ion batteries, you will shed 2-3 pounds high up on your bike . They also have about 2-3 times the Cold cranking amps and amp hour capacity of a yuasa oem lead battery. I have a Shorai LFX14L2-BS12 and now an Antigravity 12 cell. I Had no probs with the 2 Shorai's i've owned , Antigravity now makes one that has about 40% more capacity and will fit my bike ...but it's $200   Only reason I want more capacity is I run grip heaters and a big headlight for snow riding in winter.

Been testing a Antigravity 4 cell in my XR650L been working working great! I even hooked it up to my KTM 990 SMT it STARTED it but that is really testing limits and KTM has chip key so it has small drain when parked. So it would have NO problem on a 230L 119 bucks 13oz and you can put it in your pocket!

I always get the El Cheapo batteries on Ebay , they usually only last 1 year , but its no big deal as they only cost 20-30 bucks