Online place to shop for 2 strokes?

I currently have a four stroke and i love it but have been randomly seeing some 2-strokes around for great prices and i wouldnt mind buying one to mess around with when not on the 4stroke.

Is there any place online I could find just 2 strokes for sale looking for a 250 brand doesnt matter and location isnt a big deal (if price is good I would pay for delivery). i have tried ebay when i type 250 and 2 stroke still just brings up a bunch of 250fs

Try Craigslist? I'm not sure your of your question if you wana buy new or used, or just don't know where to look for bikes? If you want a new 250 2t then ktm, gas gas, Yamaha, and a few others still make them.

If you go to E bay and type in .. YZ 250 or RM 250 or CR 250 the 2 strokes come up .

Sometimes the 2 and 4 strokes are combined , you just need to look .

Try Craigslist? I'm not sure your of your question if you wana buy new or used, or just don't know where to look for bikes? If you want a new 250 2t then ktm, gas gas, Yamaha, and a few others still make them.

Used is what im looking for just seems to be more 4 strokes for sale and didnt know if there was a website that had 2 stroke only as a option

problem is ebay and criagslist sellers put all makes and models and cc's to get their post seen just gets annoying

guess ill just have to pick through them all

just an example of whats on the bottom of most ads

kawasaki suzuki honda ktm yamaha

cr250 crf yz450f kx250f kx 250f 450f yz yz125 cr125 sx yz80 yz250 yz250 rmz450 rmz 450 rmz rmz 250 rm250 rm125 rm 125 rm 250 cr 250r kx125 kx kx450f kx 250 yz80

this was on the bottom of a yz80

Edited by suplol

Try searchtempest lots of people who are looking for a certain bike will use that.

bikefinds is a good website for searching for ads.

you're going to have a hard time if you just search craigslist for "250 2 stroke" or something.

Instead you'll need to research the specific models that you want, and then search for those specifically. You should also try expanding your horizons a little. KDX200, KDX220, KTM200, 300 etc are all great two strokes. Husky, gas gas, beta, even some trials bikes are all going to offer great 2 strokes all the way up to 300+ cc. Not really a need to be stuck on 250, unless you're racing classes.

Another tip, for a KDX200 for example, is to search for simply "kdx" or "kdx 200" and "kdx200" as craigslist has a very limited search recognition. You'll need to try all 3 searches to pick up all the kdx200s on craigslist.

I also personally flag all those ads that put huge amounts of keywords at the bottom of their craigslist ad. If enough people do it it slims down the spam.

Edited by ripsnorter

Used is what im looking for just seems to be more 4 strokes for sale and didnt know if there was a website that had 2 stroke only as a option

problem is ebay and criagslist sellers put all makes and models and cc's to get their post seen just gets annoying

guess ill just have to pick through them all

just an example of whats on the bottom of most ads

kawasaki suzuki honda ktm yamaha

cr250 crf yz450f kx250f kx 250f 450f yz yz125 cr125 sx yz80 yz250 yz250 rmz450 rmz 450 rmz rmz 250 rm250 rm125 rm 125 rm 250 cr 250r kx125 kx kx450f kx 250 yz80

this was on the bottom of a yz80

You can limit the search to just the title to work around this.

good point about the keywords. But not all the ads even put what they're selling in the title. Some will say something like "look at this! great buy!"

I wish craigslist would get a decent uniform format for listings.