Sign in to follow this  

shock spring

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/566760-swingarm-and-rear-suspension-maintenance/

Once the shock is out... loosen the adjusting collar and lock ring, screw them all the way up.

The spring is held in place by a three piece design cup.. 

Rearshockspring005.jpg

The cup, a collar and a snap ring/ The steel collar has to be tapped away from the aluminum cup..That will reveal the snap ring, remove it and teh steel collar will now slide over and past the cup.. the spring is free to come off now.

DO NOT REMOVE THE SHOCK CLEVIS... to get to the spring. 

:banghead:    too late    already lost all my oil and nitrogen what next?      is there anything that I can do or do I have to bring the sock into a shop to get the oil and nitrogen replaced.

:banghead:    too late    already lost all my oil and nitrogen what next?      is there anything that I can do or do I have to bring the sock into a shop to get the oil and nitrogen replaced.

This is why nobody should have Columbus Day off!

• Like 1

I am home on r&r :thumbsdn:    was hopeing to have everything all back together tomorrow to go ridding  

Yes it needs to go to a qualified Tech/

Yes it will need a full service now, oil and Ni charge at least.

Yes it's possible you have damaged the rebound needle.

I have a special repair deal this week only for Military members on R&R.. Call It the Sergeant Major Special.... Send me a PM if interested. 

Got the shock today 2:30..

Shes all done and ready to go home

D2E710E1-EAB6-43D7-936F-0508D30F3E84-401

Luckily no damage done that did not take care of itself with a basic service and reinstalling the clevis (please, if you remove the clevis by accident, do not try and reinstall it unless you understand how far to screw it on to not lock up and or damage the rebound needle)

• Like 2

I have a special repair deal this week only for Military members on R&R.. Call It the Sergeant Major Special.... Send me a PM if interested. 

Please let me know when you are running the "worthless tree hugging hippy" special for overworked tour guides that really need some R&R…… I think I might be interested  :)

• Like 2