Sign in to follow this  

Ryan sipes retiring

Dude had a good career and was a hard worker, good for him to have reached the pro ranks and got out while he still had his health. What is he going to do now?

• Like 1

Dude had a good career and was a hard worker, good for him to have reached the pro ranks and got out while he still had his health. What is he going to do now?

yea, i really liked the guy and for some reason im more sad that he retired than windham did...maybe because windham had alot of fame and sipes never really got noticed as much. i dont know what hes going to do now, he said that he is going to spend time with his family and do some racing (more than likely offroad).

Always been 1 of my fav riders. He seems real down to earth and cool about everything. I enjoyed watching him ride. Good luck to him and his family, moving forward.

• Like 2

yea, i really liked the guy and for some reason im more sad that he retired than windham did...maybe because windham had alot of fame and sipes never really got noticed as much. i dont know what hes going to do now, he said that he is going to spend time with his family and do some racing (more than likely offroad).

solid guy for sure.

Ive seen a few vids with him out training with Destry in AZ.. I bet he'll do some H&H and maybe GNCC stuff........Endurocross possibly ??? So few ever really make it to the money even though im sure people assume they do. I wish the best for him and I do hope we get to see him out riding in some capacity at least..

• Like 1

His Twitter said he was retiring from pro motocross and supercross... Instagram pic shows him roosting on a woods bike. I think  dodging trees is in his future.

• Like 3

2uptite I'm calling u out,.......what does a sipes type of rider make in a year???.

2uptite I'm calling u out,.......what does a sipes type of rider make in a year???.

what the hell are you talking about

Ryan got married a few weeks ago and the word here (Ky) is he's planning to do some Offroad stuff. Mentioned something about Europe.

But he's a great guy and does so well with the kids in FCA camp. I hope he sticks around here and has some training days.  

Depends on what year youre talking about, he has probably made anywhere from 45k to 300k. His contracts with KTM Star and Rockstar were six figure deals. 2011 was probably his best year, had a good contract plus two race wins, Id say he pulled in 250-300 that year.

plus I think he has been wise with his money so he is probably doing ok.

Edited by 2uptite

I doubt he made that much. Besides, if he did make more than 250k, Most of that is gone due to taxes. But for a guy that still drives an old 04 Chevy truck. I doubt he's rollin.

I doubt he made that much. Besides, if he did make more than 250k, Most of that is gone due to taxes. But for a guy that still drives an old 04 Chevy truck. I doubt he's rollin.

Just because he drives an old truck doesn't mean he didn't make much money. If I made $300k for 2 years or so and $50-100k for another 5 years, I'd be driving an old truck and making that million work for me. Why blow it all, have nothing to show for a decent career and have to work at Burger King to pay the bills?

• Like 3

I'm sure he is close on 2011. Two race wins with bonus money is probably 100k plus aanother 3 podiums would add another 50 plus his salery that was around 125.

If he has a decent accountent that setup a corp for him, he didn't lose nearly asmuch as you think in taxes.

Not all people buy new trucks because they can.

• Like 3

I'm sure he is close on 2011. Two race wins with bonus money is probably 100k plus aanother 3 podiums would add another 50 plus his salery that was around 125.

If he has a decent accountent that setup a corp for him, he didn't lose nearly asmuch as you think in taxes.

Not all people buy new trucks because they can.

I truly wish more would try to live like that.. (In Temecula where I live everybody thinks they deserve a 65K truck because they have a job)

And as far as Sipes goes I must say he seems like a genuine level headed young man who more than likely has a plan. Unfortunately if you were to even double the figures that have been mentioned its simply not enough to live on with no other income... Im hoping he got some sweet endorsement deals from the apparel companies..

Doug Henry bought a brand new Nissan 2 wheel drive extended cab pickup when he signed with Honda......that was his daily driver even after he retired....thing had over 150k miles on it ....he would probably still be driving it but the water pump went and it overheated......not every does a jlaw and buys a Bentley.....

Doug Henry bought a brand new Nissan 2 wheel drive extended cab pickup when he signed with Honda......that was his daily driver even after he retired....thing had over 150k miles on it ....he would probably still be driving it but the water pump went and it overheated......not every does a jlaw and buys a Bentley.....

Seriously.. Did that swamp donkey actually buy one?!?! 

my dream truck is a crew cab 05 silverado(gas wise)

He has been a good guy for the sport

this sport needs "good" guys IMHO

I wish he could have put together a deal and kept going however its all good I'm sure

Seriously.. Did that swamp donkey actually buy one?!?! 

No, he didn't.  Say what you want about Jay, the kid has actually been dmart with his money.