2007 RM-Z 250 Race Setup

So I am looking to begin racing this next year and i have a 2007 rmz 250 that is all stock. DOES NOT have any aftermarket enginge components, exhuast, etc. I have never raced before but have been ridding on some rough trails and been training and cyclying to help prepare. I was just wondering what would be some good begginer mods to give me an advantage over the other riders in my class. Working with a slim budget as im paying for my school at the moment as well. So im looking for a good budget build for my bike. Would also like to get some setup ideas thatd help out as well. Im about 5'8, 5'9 ish and weigh about 120-130 pounds. Not sure if thatll have any affect on the build. Just let me hear some of your ideas and advice everyone!

You don't just goto the track and race. First you need a ama card and a district card. And you need to practice as in goto track practice days and ride on the track. I wouldent race until u become confident in practice etc. What you need to have is all your gear. And as far as bike setup you need to set your sag. Or have your suspension set up for your weight

i have been riding on a lorreta lynns qualifyer track and im racing very small amatuar arena cross races, nothing major. and i got all gear needed for racing etc.

and susepntion and sag have been setup for my weight. I was looking more to find out good mods to do to get more out of my bike.

You don't just goto the track and race. First you need a ama card and a district card. And you need to practice as in goto track practice days and ride on the track. I wouldent race until u become confident in practice etc. What you need to have is all your gear. And as far as bike setup you need to set your sag. Or have your suspension set up for your weight

Its not like i just bought my bike and said hey, lets go race. Like i stated in my first post. I have been training on and off my bike. Both on tracks and trails.

Ohhh sorry Haha, well if the suspension is set. I like to make where the bike is in perfect order and runs good and is smooth, clutch where you want it brake where you want it and favorite grips,

You don't have to race AMA events if you don't want to. Most of the time there Are other local race series that aren't AMA events. If you did want to race AMA events leave everything stock and race the stock class.

im racing local events where they are classed by A (pro class) B class, C class, and D (Begginer class) with no restrictions on bike mods etc.

Then since your suspension is done, make shure it is jetted spot on to get the most power, maybe add a pipe and rejet it if you feel a flat spot somewhere in the power curve or want more top or bottom end. Get some radiator braces to

Edited by roostierooster855

You don't have to race AMA events if you don't want to. Most of the time there Are other local race series that aren't AMA events. If you did want to race AMA events leave everything stock and race the stock class.

here in Michigan we need our ama card and a district 14 card or what ever district your in, to race. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

what would be a good exhaust to go with? i was thinking either yoshi r2 or a pc ti4

I think there a waste of money get some good tires and call it a day

Edited by roostierooster855