Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Allegheny National Forest Trails Closed

Has anyone tried to ride Allegheny since the Gov. partial shutdown? Marienville ATV trailhead in particular? I've called the number and the recording states that all trails are currently closed. But I wonder if the parking lots are also closed, if they are being patroled, or if anyone has tried to ride there? The recording says hunting is still allowed for some reason, but it doesn't say where. My undersatnding is that Marienville is usually open this time of the year.

The trails close for the season 2 weeks after Labor Day and reopen 2 weeks before Memorial Days. Just check out their website and you'll get all the info you need.

These trails are the greatest

Agreed.  My favorite so far.  Couple pics from this summer:

DSCN2583.JPG

ANF - 4.JPG

Brick path on the backside of "D" loop, & Buehler's Corner:

ANF - 11.JPG

ANF - 8.JPG

Thanks for the info! At the time their website said "status: open" but evidently they hadn't updated it.

I will have to check out the trails when they open back up.

Thanks for the info! At the time their website said "status: open" but evidently they hadn't updated it.

I will have to check out the trails when they open back up.

Guys I have a klr650 with 80/20 tires do you think it could handle most of the trails around Marienville?  I have a cabin 15min south from there. I have never tried the trails but after seeing the pics it looks like it should be able to handle it.  I would like to take my 9 year old son with his XR70 on them.  Any help would be great.  Sorry to hijack but most of the people here seem to know about these trails.

Thx

Jason

Yes you can if you can handle your bike well and you will tired at the end of the day. This is for the bike loop, ATV trails are much easier. Also go north to the rocky gap system as these are less technical and flow very good. An XR70 on the bike loop will be demanding both for the rider and bike. Low ground clearance and suspension is the biggest issue but doable for any kid that has experience in rocks and roots. Again Rocky Gap would be more fun for that size bike.

The trails open up again after hunting season, probably this weekend. Stud your tires, put on heated grips and do it. My family puts on about 2000 miles a year per bike in the ANF between all the trails. If you have a plate it helps hook up trails better.