Sign in to follow this  

35mm airstriker on 05 cr250

Just wondering if anyone has tried running 35mm keihn to gain cleaner, crisper bottom end power.

I like the way you think. If you go that route, let us know how it works out. I could see it being advantageous to those of us who ride/race woods.

I think the 35mm has different outside diameters at either end, so wouldn't be a bolt in.  The 36mm has the same exterior dimensions as the 38, so is bolt in; many KTMs come stock with the 36mm. 

The 35mm does come in an air striker version, but there seem to be no air striker 36mm carbs available in the aftermarket.  JD jetting said on the phone that he thought he could maybe get a 36mm air striker.

I have a 36 pwk I am swapping but I think the ktm 36mm is a airstryker version and im not sure what the difference is. I have the 4 vent hoses like the A.S. but the pwk doeant have 2 raised metal lines like the A.S. does on the intake side.

Well im in the process of building a woods bike and the guy rebuilding motor recomended the 35mm.. I guess on the flow bench they flow as much air as 36mm with higher velocity.. It does have a 4mm smaller in / out but he is milling a sleeve to press over carb . Should have motor back begining of november and plan on having bike put back together by the 10th. I have read alot of good info on this site for the 250 woods mods and i think i am using most of them..lol  I will lrt you know how it works out!!

I thought of making bushings to fit a 35mm air striker.  I'd be interested to hear how yours works out.

On PWKs, the quad vent means four hoses.  The air striker means those little vane at the bottom of the intake bell.

I had been running a 36mm air striker off of a 2000-2001 KX125 on my CR250, dropped staright in, for motocross use though (our tracks are pretty tight in the UK) I prefered it over the 38, and 39.5 i tried before then. Its been a while now, but i think i ran a CEL needle in it, it seems pretty lean compared to normal, but it worked great, so nice and crisp, and you could really ride the thing with the throttle.

Well the 35mm airstriker is on and runs awsome, throttle response is INSTANT and super crisp!!!  I would highly recommend to anyone

building a woods bike setup!!

Also if anyone is interested in jetting,  Motor is ported polished with case matched to cylinder, boyesen rad valve, 40pilot, 158main, DEK needle, 3 clip knarly pipe, powercore 2,10oz stealy and steel clutch plates!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by peterd2

Actually didnt need to use them, used a better clamp (norma) on boots and tightened them down!! worked great, no issues

Edited by peterd2

Well the 35mm airstriker is on and runs awsome, throttle response is INSTANT and super crisp!!!  I would highly recommend to anyone

building a woods bike setup!!

What did it do to your top-end power? Did it kill it? Did you try the 38PWK too for comparison?