Sign in to follow this  

2001 CR500...

I have a chance to buy a showroom condition 2001 CR500, original everything including tires....guy claims there are 10 hours on it and he is the original owner.  Just curious to see what you guys would shell out for it....

Yea that's pretty close to what I can get it for but I thought they would actually be worth more than that basing it on the fact that it is the last year they made them. There is one on e bay right now and the "buy it now" price is $6k.  I know that's would just be an asking price but $3500 seems like a deal to me

$3000- $3500 is a fair price for both parties involved. They are reliable and a absolute blast to ride. Post some pics if you purchase it? I own three 500's and love these bikes!

Yeh - pick that puppy up. Then keep your eyes open for a 450 chassis to put it in (I've seen complete rollers for less than $800). Then you'd have the king of the MXers !

If I was gonna do an AF conversion I would buy an old beater of a 500 for the motor but this one is just to mint to do that with

Edited by Yamaha_Chuck
  • Like 1

Sweet looking bike and I like the steel frame.

Yea for what I do the steel frame is just fine.  I don't ride on the track anyways

She's gorgeous.  FWIW the last 2 I picked up that had sat around needed ALL motor & suspension seals changed to put the bikes into service.

01's that are mint are really hard to find. Don't even thing of ripping the motor out of that bike.

01's that are mint are really hard to find. Don't even thing of ripping the motor out of that bike.

I was thinking the same...would be a shame to start wrenching on that virgin motor unless absolutly need be.  If I end up getting it, it will be more of a show piece in my garage more than anything

Great looking bike!a 500 is gonna be my next bike, might suck for the dead engine starts that all of our scrambles seem to have lol

I just hope I get to it in time....it's 8 hours away and I have to plan my weekend around it.  My current 500 is supposed to be sold off in the next couple days....I have to have that one gone before picking up this one.

That's the last one, and in excellent condition for a good price. Sounds like an easy decision to me!

Bike in Australia so expensive I'm looking exact same 2001 in mint condition 9k he started at now listed at 7k

why are bikes so much more expensive there?