Sign in to follow this  

Crf250l small oil leak breather valve?

Noticed some oil on lower r.h.s of engine , wiped it off a few times, went for spin, same thing happened. Its a very small weep but seems to be coming from a breather valve?? Not sure, anyone have the same problem? Another lad had the same problem on advrider,pic attached

Tks

Attached pic;

Not letting me attach pics?

If your uploading ... click add to post before clicking the big red post button 

Do a search some here have had both coolent and oil leaks from the weep hole--i believe it is on the right side--mine dosent weep and i never knew the hole exsisted --

• Like 1

The pic above ^ shows where the oil is leaking from .breather valve? Anyone else have/hear of this problem? Great bike othrwise (

Tks vietvet, found that other thread on the leak.gonna do another few hundred miles and keep an eye on the coolant/ oil levels. The dealer i bought bike off overfilled the engine oil by 1/4 litre so presumed it was an oil problem coming out the breather!

• Like 1

Bike went back to main honda distributor last week to check leak.still waiting on a part from honda Europe?? Also asked them to check throttle freeplay( lotta freeplay , almost 1/2 inch.) and bike is stalling dropping down the gears at low revs, nearly fckn killed me in town a few times with cars jammin behind. No bike now, and still honda Ireland couldn't give me courtesy bike until they fix probs.Still like the bike though ' and looking into fitting a 13/42 and Ejk , fmf is 400 euros here.

• Like 3

Yes, please keep me informed on the leak.....is it water or oil?   I have a small coolant leak out of the weep hole, only when riding..... :thinking:

I have not had this problem but many that have .... said it quit after a few hundred miles and only a couple I have seen had to replace the seal. 

• Like 2

The bike still with honda ireland so il keep yas posted when i get her back,near 2 weeks gone now..waitin on a part for europe.

my bike has weeped antifreeze since day one... but in 8600+ miles i have not lost more then a half inch out of the anti freeze weeper hole...

in the dead of winter i will bring it in and see what they say... just hate knowing they will have their nasty little dealer hands all over my bike... lol  

plus, i want to show them my rear axle... it was rusted and pitted, with some white oxidation on it also... i never been offroad...  granted i ride in the rain...  but still...  a few months old and 8600+ miles, i wouldn't expect to see that... no grease what so ever on the axle either...  this is going to be my push and prod stick to make them check the steering stem and shock linkage...  lol

Edited by eyeopenher
  • Like 5

Update lads, honda Ireland still have the bike( long time waiting on a part ) I wouldn't mind but were having a dry mild December here so i could be out giving the bike a good spin still. They haven't even emailed me or called out of courtesy to say whats going on, except when i mailed them a while back. Stalling/cutting out issue, plus leak that destroyed a good pair of boots and way too much free-play in the throttle. Though in fairness the honda dealer i bought bike off replaced boots. looking forward to getting this bike sorted so hope they get their act together asap. : (

• Like 1

Hi guys im new here.

I've read about oil leak from the plug or coolant leak from the weep hole.i bought the 2014 250L 4 weeks ago and only have 15 miles on it (dealer to my house) due to back problems.2 weeks ago i started the mods on it and i noticed 3 little drops of coolant couldn't figure out why since i didn't even ride it!then tonight got my stand/lift and gave it a try when i took the bike down and removed the stand i noticed some oil on the platform so i looked underneath and i could see some oil on the drain bolt plug.I have that leak and the coolant coming out of the weep hole and was wandering if some of you could tell me how can i have coolant drops from the weep hole even if im not riding and also what could cause the oil leak from the plug?the seal seems ok and plug is tight as far as coolant its not over filled.

• Like 1

Hi guys im new here.

I've read about oil leak from the plug or coolant leak from the weep hole.i bought the 2014 250L 4 weeks ago and only have 15 miles on it (dealer to my house) due to back problems.2 weeks ago i started the mods on it and i noticed 3 little drops of coolant couldn't figure out why since i didn't even ride it!then tonight got my stand/lift and gave it a try when i took the bike down and removed the stand i noticed some oil on the platform so i looked underneath and i could see some oil on the drain bolt plug.I have that leak and the coolant coming out of the weep hole and was wandering if some of you could tell me how can i have coolant drops from the weep hole even if im not riding and also what could cause the oil leak from the plug?the seal seems ok and plug is tight as far as coolant its not over filled.

It seems that a lot of people had the weeping of coolant when new and it went away after a few hundred miles. So my suggestion would be putting some miles an it and break it in properly. Then oil change and replace plug with magnetic one and change crush washer

• Like 1