2008 crf250 mid to top end Bog !

I have a friends bike I am trying to get running right. I felt it was needed to go thru the carb and clean / reset all the paramiters, etc.

Started the bike up, runs great to 1/2 throttle where it starts missing and then major Bog, when you bring the rpms back down it runs fine again. Initially, the spark plug was black, replaced it and have not checked it.

I am thinking the coil or cdi unit is going bad or possibly the stator, anybody experience anything like this ? Compression is good, main jet is 175, pilot is 42,

any help appreciated.

thanks

Al

P.S. anybody have a decent place to get the hard to find sparkplugs for this bike?

Al

I have a friends bike I am trying to get running right. I felt it was needed to go thru the carb and clean / reset all the paramiters, etc.

Started the bike up, runs great to 1/2 throttle where it starts missing and then major Bog, when you bring the rpms back down it runs fine again. Initially, the spark plug was black, replaced it and have not checked it.

I am thinking the coil or cdi unit is going bad or possibly the stator, anybody experience anything like this ? Compression is good, main jet is 175, pilot is 42,

any help appreciated.

thanks

Al

P.S. anybody have a decent place to get the hard to find sparkplugs for this bike?

Al

Is this happening when you ride it, or are you revving it on the stand? Ebay, cycle gear, motosport etc for purchasing plug.