Aftermarket Spark Arrestor for stock exhaust

I am not quite ready to upgrade to a full aftermarket exhaust, but I would like to increase flow with an aftermarket spark arrestor.  I thought B&B was going to make one with a larger opening and larger diameter turn down, but I don't see it listed on the website.  I'll give Bill a call tomorrow.  I don't see the CRF250L big bore kit listed either.  :ride:

I just cut off the origional arrestor just before it goes out--dosent seem to make a differance i could see but i FEEL better?? Least till i can afford a better lighter exhaust that is!If there was a way to lighten up the stock exhaust i would just do that--can you take the cat out as i'm thinkiing that is the weight??! :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

Edited by USMCVietVet

Rick Ramsey's site has instructions on cutting out the CAT, and he listed weights with the CAT and w/o for the stock exhaust.  It seems like a lot of work to me.  He also mentions putting in a spark arrestor from B&B.  I am hoping to be able to fund the Big Bore kit and the FMF Q4 with megabomb header for a simultaneous install over the winter.   :ride:

http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250Lcccmods.htm

Thanks i'll look into it --Looks like a lot of cutting and welding to me??guess i'll save up also-- :thumbsup:

Edited by USMCVietVet

Don't know if this is the sort of thing you're looking for but a lot of people in my area run these, possibly because the company is located here. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381807450.654070.jpg

http://promotobillet.com

Your only 4 hrs south of me?? Welcome 

I wonder how much performance  would be lost using the stock header and an aftermarket muffler?? Anybody try this?? :excuseme: :excuseme:

Edited by USMCVietVet

I wonder how much performance  would be lost using the stock header and an aftermarket muffler?? Anybody try this?? :excuseme: :excuseme:

most of the power you gain from the exhaust comes from the header  ... so other than the weight savings I doubt it does much other than sound cool ...  :ride: