Sign in to follow this  

$4500 for an 07cr250?

http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/4108644969.html 

been looking for an 07cr250 ( as many of you already know) 

this one looks sweet and isn't to far from me but $4500 ? that seems in outer space for this bike, yea i get it has a nice suspension but thats way to high. 

so what should i counter offer, id like to get the bike for 3000 or less, it is not out of the crate new by any means 

I've got a 06 and wanted 2,500 for it. Maybe I need to raise the price

• Like 1

I've got a 06 and wanted 2,500 for it. Maybe I need to raise the price

Were are you located?

So I emailed the guy, the bike has REP suspension, rebuilt motor and clutch. He won't budge at 4k I told him about CamPs new 07 for 3500 and he told me to get lost. I think he is out of his mind at 4k the bike isn't stock or unmolested anymore so it's not worth nearly what he is asking

Retail value on an 07 here in Utah is aprox $2800.  Retail value indicates IMO a completely unmolested bike in showroom condition (my 06 was as close to showroom condition you will find).  No way a well used 07 is worth $4500. People need to get real about the value of their bikes.

If you're looking for a virtually new CRF250R in CA check out my bike :) no mods very light desert riding less than 30 hours all factory original including the tires. Asking $3200 ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381886426.607340.jpg

If you're looking for a virtually new CRF250R in CA check out my bike :) no mods very light desert riding less than 30 hours all factory original including the tires. Asking $3200 {style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381886426.607340.jpg

Thanks for the offer but your bike has to many strokes lol

So I emailed the guy, the bike has REP suspension, rebuilt motor and clutch. He won't budge at 4k I told him about CamPs new 07 for 3500 and he told me to get lost. I think he is out of his mind at 4k the bike isn't stock or unmolested anymore so it's not worth nearly what he is asking

I actually paid $3,750, and I consider that a real bargain for a >1hr bike.

That being said, I wouldn't buy a rebuilt 07 for $4k, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay that for a super low hour, 100% stock/original 07. 

Edited by CamP

I actually paid $3,750, and I consider that a real bargain for a >1hr bike.

That being said, I wouldn't buy a rebuilt 07 for $4k.

Thanks CamP,

I wish that link worked because the bike is all white with some random graphics, the suspension he has on it is worth about 2000 ( if it's what he claims) but still that's one more thing that's molested IMHO i told him to remember my offer at 2800 and even I think that's high I just have always wanted an 07 so I'd pay a little more for one

Thanks CamP,

I wish that link worked because the bike is all white with some random graphics, the suspension he has on it is worth about 2000 ( if it's what he claims) but still that's one more thing that's molested IMHO i told him to remember my offer at 2800 and even I think that's high I just have always wanted an 07 so I'd pay a little more for one

It might be worth $2,800. It's all a matter of condition. Personally, I'm not keen on rebuilt bikes.

The 07's typically bring higher $ because Honda didn't make very many of them.

Edited by CamP

It might be worth $2,800. It's all a matter of condition. Personally, I'm not keen on rebuilt bikes.

The 07's typically bring higher $ because Honda didn't make very many of them.

You bring up a good point, any idea how many were actually made?