Pacific Raceways off road series?

Washington

In the schedule I picked up from Pacific Raceways last time I was there I noticed in the Motocross Track section it shows a "off road race" in November and a series of "Moto GP" races in November and December. I heard they have trails around the motocross track. Does anyone know anything about these races? I cant find any info on their website. Would be worth trying if its only 20 minutes away....

In the schedule I picked up from Pacific Raceways last time I was there I noticed in the Motocross Track section it shows a "off road race" in November and a series of "Moto GP" races in November and December. I heard they have trails around the motocross track. Does anyone know anything about these races? I cant find any info on their website. Would be worth trying if its only 20 minutes away....

Schedule:  http://www.pacificraceways.com/Motocross/2013MXSchedule.aspx

November MX GP Races:  no info on site  http://www.pacificraceways.com/Schedule/13-11-16/Fall_Moto_GP_Series.aspx

Nothing on FB:  https://www.facebook.com/theplacetorace

@theplacetorace: **Attention MX Riders**

We will be hosting our 1st Annual Moto Gran Prix Series this fall! This series will... http://t.co/GgoZdmV5hH

Thanks for the update!

Is this all motocross track or a mix of trails and track?

Sound like its a mix of track/trail. There is an email contact on the flyer. I emailed him with a few questions and he got back to me right away.

What is the soil like at this place.  Does is handle the rain?  I would expect wet and mud, but to be more specific I want to avoid a clay based, snot fest, that is more survival than race.

Thanks in advance.

It is a full on mix of racing, the course will be around 10 min lap times according to Lance Smail, and with him building it you had better believe it will be amazing it is supposed to be a mix of MX, trails, and part road course. There is plenty of trails on the Pacific Raceway grounds. They used to run the Nasty Wench race and it was nuts. They also used to run a round of the WORCS national series out there.

And the soil on the track is majorly sifted dirt not much rock and a new small but very deep sand section, the trails are a nice dirt but rocky, and yes it will be wet most likely

Great to hear, I am now looking forward to it! Racer for the first time ever last month at Rimrock and now I want more!

Great to hear, I am now looking forward to it! Racer for the first time ever last month at Rimrock and now I want more

Pretty much completely different than rimrock. :)

Pretty much completely different than rimrock. :)

I am ok with that, its close enough to home and its an excuse to ride  :ride:

Sounds excellent- I dont mind the wet.  But I do have a hatred of nothing but wet clay - i.e. Washougal when it rains hard

Thinking I may have to hit some of these races.

I wonder if the team racers use the same bike?

No they do not. It's kind of like a dealers challenge that the dealer had multiple bikes. Just the team no single manufacturer, only teams

What is the difference between c and d class. I ride mid pack amateur on the oregon GP series. Would I race b class in this race or c class? I'm absolutely horrid on the moto track.

Did anyone race this? How was the course set up? Thinking about racing it this weekend.

I raced it. It was basically the motocross track with a section that went through some trees and then a grass section I guess I would call it. Really muddy, but fun. Entry was less cause they said something about not being able to use a part of the course.

Yeah the local debbie do right informed the county about it and all the trails got shut down at the last minute. Lance and Jason are working on getting a couple race permits.

Thanks alot king county.... I deffinatly want to try it out if the trails open. I'm no good on an MX course but if its there's trails mixed in I would try it out. Any way of finding out?

Any way of finding out?

:blink:

Call Pacific Raceways/race promoter?