Sign in to follow this  

2008 125 SX Plastic Conversion to 2011+

Hey guys, I currently have a 2008 125 Sx. I really like the look of the newer style bikes. I saw this video of this guy converting his 2004 125 plastics to the newer ones. 

Have any of you guys dont it? If So, what needs to be done exactly? I think you have to change the airbox, gas tank, and seat as well. 

This is the link to the video 

Did you notice that he did not change the radiators? His shrouds were not bolted down in any way. If you are handy with a welder you can do anything. I don't think it is a project that you can do by just unbolting and replacing parts. I do know that the subframe of the 07-10 sx will bolt onto the 11-14 sx bikes because I got a subframe from an older bike that someone gave me for my 11' 150. It bolts on to the frame but the mounts for the plastic are different.

Good luck. Show us some photos if you decide to do it.

Did you notice that he did not change the radiators? His shrouds were not bolted down in any way. If you are handy with a welder you can do anything. I don't think it is a project that you can do by just unbolting and replacing parts. I do know that the subframe of the 07-10 sx will bolt onto the 11-14 sx bikes because I got a subframe from an older bike that someone gave me for my 11' 150. It bolts on to the frame but the mounts for the plastic are different.

Good luck. Show us some photos if you decide to do it.

I want to do it only if its a simple swap out. Thats why I wanted to see if anybody on here did it. I'll be sure to post pics if I do it though. 

so you can actually do this? i really want a 200 xc and ktm quit making them in 09 i think. ive thought about buying a used older model 200 xc but i think the body and plastic on those years look awful. if i could buy say and 09 and install newer plastic that would be great. if anyone has any info of this i would appreciate hearing about it.

I would be most concerned with shock clearance on the intake boot. The 2011 has the PDS but the shock is laid down farther than the older bikes. If the shock rubs a hole in the air boot you will be sucking dirt into your engine and wearing a hole in your shock reservoir. If you have a friend with a 2011 you can bolt their complete sub frame assembly onto your bike to see if it is something that you think will work. 

so you can actually do this? i really want a 200 xc and ktm quit making them in 09 i think. ive thought about buying a used older model 200 xc but i think the body and plastic on those years look awful. if i could buy say and 09 and install newer plastic that would be great. if anyone has any info of this i would appreciate hearing about it.

I'm pretty sure they still make 200's