Anyone near Reno who does engine work?

I need my valves lapped and cut or whatever, and my cylinder honed... I'm in reno.. Anyone do, or know of someone who does work on xrs here?

The obvious choice who be Big Valley Honda... won't  BVH do it?

Call Rich at RRMotoSource.  Rich and his dad used to own BVH and he open an independent shop when he sold it.  He has lots of connections in the Reno area, so even if he can't help you, he will be able to recommend someone.

4900 Mill St. #7, Reno, NV 89502.

Phone: (775) 856-3855.

Rich@RRMotoSource.com

The obvious choice who be Big Valley Honda... won't  BVH do it?

Call Rich at RRMotoSource.  Rich and his dad used to own BVH and he open an independent shop when he sold it.  He has lots of connections in the Reno area, so even if he can't help you, he will be able to recommend someone.

4900 Mill St. #7, Reno, NV 89502.

Phone: (775) 856-3855.

Rich@RRMotoSource.com

Thanks, I'm not a big fan of BVH and their current owners. Their policys are crap and their service even worse. They're basically there to rip you off. I heard that the old owner was good though. I already took my stuff to another guy in town who really seems like he knows his stuff. He doesn't specialize in XR's but he could tell right away what I needed.

Glad that you found someone else.  Mostly I do my own work, and I have only used BVH once (since Rich sold it) when I needed some suspension work on my old street bike, but they did a good job.  With that said, I have heard some other reports similar to what you said. 

For future reference, although NMS specializes in selling KTM & Husaberg, they will work on any brand. It is still a "mom & Pop" kind of place and the owners Dee & Mark are great people.